• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone see any good deals anywhere? Looking for key CGC graded Marvel
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I am new to collecting CGC comics, I know, late to the game. I almost got into it years ago but started collecting other stuff. 

So now I am looking for key issues. 

Hulk 181

Xmen 1

Giant Size X-men 1

FF4 48

ASM Annual 1

Avengers 4

and more

Curious where you guys find the best deals?  eBay? Other collectors?  Local comic shows? I’d rather deal with someone direct and not give eBay 10% too unless someone sees a killer deal. Thoughts on how I can get these books.  Would like to get best quality grade possible around $2000 each if that makes sense.  Thanks guys. 

Welcome to the boards!

Everyone and their dog is looking for these books so not sure where you're going to find a "deal".

I would recommend getting a GPA account, so you can track current values, and figure out what grade to buy at your price point.  GPA also has links to sales and auctions for each book.

BTW, the books you listed come up for sale often here on the CGC boards. 

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/forum/61-goldensilverbronze-age-only/

Edited by adampasz

On 6/23/2019 at 10:02 AM, Gruson said:

Hi guys,

I am new to collecting CGC comics, I know, late to the game. I almost got into it years ago but started collecting other stuff. 

So now I am looking for key issues. 

Hulk 181

Xmen 1

Giant Size X-men 1

FF4 48

ASM Annual 1

Avengers 4

and more

Curious where you guys find the best deals?  eBay? Other collectors?  Local comic shows? I’d rather deal with someone direct and not give eBay 10% too unless someone sees a killer deal. Thoughts on how I can get these books.  Would like to get best quality grade possible around $2000 each if that makes sense.  Thanks guys. 

Hi - I'm relatively new to CGC myself, so I hope I'm not creating a faux pas here as I'm learning the ropes, but I have an FF 48 that was just slabbed, sold it on EBay for $1884 three weeks ago, but then the buyer flaked and didn't pay me or respond at all to invoices/emails, so I was going to relist sometime in the next couple weeks.  If you're interested, we can take this off-board and start a dialog - because I specifically saw your post, this is exclusive to you if you're interested (otherwise I'll probably post for sale on the CGC board at a future date...)  What I will NOT do at this point is engage with anyone else on this if you're interested (so nobody else need bother responding at this point...)   E-Bay listing item was 303180397963 if want to have a look.  I may be new here, but been on EBay since 2003, and this may be in your price range and an acceptable option...  :bigsmile:

IMG_2794.JPG

IMG_2800.JPG

49 minutes ago, Slappy Jones said:

Hi - I'm relatively new to CGC myself, so I hope I'm not creating a faux pas here as I'm learning the ropes, but I have an FF 48 that was just slabbed, sold it on EBay for $1884 three weeks ago, but then the buyer flaked and didn't pay me or respond at all to invoices/emails, so I was going to relist sometime in the next couple weeks.  If you're interested, we can take this off-board and start a dialog - because I specifically saw your post, this is exclusive to you if you're interested (otherwise I'll probably post for sale on the CGC board at a future date...)  What I will NOT do at this point is engage with anyone else on this if you're interested (so nobody else need bother responding at this point...)   E-Bay listing item was 303180397963 if want to have a look.  I may be new here, but been on EBay since 2003, and this may be in your price range and an acceptable option...  :bigsmile:

IMG_2794.JPG

IMG_2800.JPG

Appreciate it for sure. Very nice of you. PM SENT.