• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please Grade This ASM #18

23 posts in this topic

i see the miswrap, but the book looks trimmed to me... perhaps others can offer opinions on that.

Otherwise... 9.0 or so... worth getting slabbed.

Definitely get this one slabbed--it's easily a 9.0-more likely a 9.2 though I am not certain how much they take off for the miscut. Early Spideys in 6.5 and above are blue-chip stock and even if you're not planning to sell, it would be protected in their holder. If you opt for their top tier which I believe is $79.00 then the book would take about 8 weeks. I submitted five books in mid-February and they came back in mid-April.

i see the miswrap, but the book looks trimmed to me... perhaps others can offer opinions on that.

Definitely get this one slabbed--it's easily a 9.0-more likely a 9.2 though I am not certain how much they take off for the miscut. Early Spideys in 6.5 and above are blue-chip stock and even if you're not planning to sell, it would be protected in their holder. If you opt for their top tier which I believe is $79.00 then the book would take about 8 weeks. I submitted five books in mid-February and they came back in mid-April.

Thanks for the info.

You say any 6 and above eh? Up to what issue? I know I have all but number 1. Majority of them are pretty easy on the eyes wink.gif

Thanks all! grin.gif

Early Spideys above 6.5 are blue chip? I don't agree with that statement in the least. Spideys 10 and below, yes. 14, yes. The others... no premium below 8.5 as far as I can tell. Nice books... but the idea that they are "blue chip" is steering you wrong...

I'd get some other opinions on that statement.

Early Spideys above 6.5 are blue chip? I don't agree with that statement in the least. Spideys 10 and below, yes. 14, yes. The others... no premium below 8.5 as far as I can tell. Nice books... but the idea that they are "blue chip" is steering you wrong...

I'd get some other opinions on that statement.

My main man comes through again!

All opinions are welcomed grin.gif

Foolkiller (spelled right this time), what about with regards to slabbing? Anything over 20 in an 8 and above should be done for resale? No go on the 6's and above?

Guys... thanks!

hail.gif

yeah, for 8.0s (I'd lean more towards 8.5 as the number) and above I'd slab them from 20-51 and the others above if they are keys and 9.2 or better... that's just me...

This book, if not trimmed, and now that I look at it again, it doesn't look to be... is definitely worthy of being slabbed.

Remember you're slabbing them to make a premium, and there's no premium for 6.5s, 7.0s unless they are keys. even then, it's not a premium, but then you can get guide or close to it.

Thanks JG. smile.gif

The BC isn't going to hurt you one bit.

That's a cotton pickin dandy lookin comic JG. Nicer than mine acclaim.gif

I'd absolutely sub it. You'll need to sub it under std though for $49 ($39.20) Those come back much faster.

BTW CGC carries more clout than PGX when it comes to sales. headbang.gif

Thanks JG. smile.gif

The BC isn't going to hurt you one bit.

That's a cotton pickin dandy lookin comic JG. Nicer than mine acclaim.gif

I'd absolutely sub it. You'll need to sub it under std though for $49 ($39.20) Those come back much faster.

BTW CGC carries more clout than PGX when it comes to sales. headbang.gif

I am begining to realize that now.

I have a trip booked for next Thurs to go down to OR. though....

Christo_pull_hair.gif

I don't know what to do! I will definitely send some to CGC. This has always been my plan, but I wanted to jump in and the other is a drive away!

The general consensus is that PGX is tougher than CGC on SA. Board slap me around if I'm wrong here.

I don't know JG you could use the pre grade from Oregon that way if they don't hit what you want in a grade they won't slab it, and your charge is considerably less.

Really...

893scratchchin-thumb.gifmmm

interesting points. as I said I want to deal with CGC, but there are issues with mailing from Canada, wait times and price I guess. On the other hand I get to take my wife on a trip to the Oregon coast (and have fun with comic stuff!!!), it's only a 7hour drive and a one day turnaround...

AAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!

John smash!

Bad Hulk mocking blush.gif

Oh I don't blame you for that. I've had thoughts about Oregon too due to the turn around. I'm still waiting on about 40 eco's that they received 4/12. Heck we'll be lookin at 8/12 pretty soon. That's tooo long. Christo_pull_hair.gif

Thanks for the info.

You say any 6 and above eh? Up to what issue? I know I have all but number 1. Majority of them are pretty easy on the eyes wink.gif

Thanks all! grin.gif

Issues 1-50, especially all the Ditko issues, number 40 and 50.

Definitely get this one slabbed--it's easily a 9.0-more likely a 9.2 though I am not certain how much they take off for the miscut.

Isn't there a huge crease on the top right of the FC, probably about 5-6" or so long? Barely breaking color....

I agree, very easy on the eyes cloud9.gif in any case... but tell us, is that a crease up there?