• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

More Paypal issues- Now requiring bank account

10 posts in this topic

In March, I had to set up a paypal cash account which required my social and other personal information to receive payments from ebay.  That was annoying but I did it. 

This past week, I sold a book directly through paypal and now paypal says I need to be verifed by either bank account or apply for their credit card.    Otherwise,  there is no way for me to get the payment.  Has anyone encountered this?  I'm about to stop using Paypal all together if this is true.

55 minutes ago, kav said:

how did you get your payments in the past?

I'm curious too because I had to give them my account info when I first set up my selling account years and years and years ago.

3 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

I just needed to give my name and address.  No social security number till this spring. 

I had to send DNA sample

2 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

I'm not going to ask what type of DNA sample

It was goblet cells.

I've had PP connected to one of my savings accounts (not my checking) for years for easy transfer of funds. When I sell something on eBay or here, I just transfer the $$ from PayPal to my savings. The transfer is free and usually takes one day.

No SS#, no PayPal Credit Card, no PayPal Cash account.