• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best device for Reading digital comics

22 posts in this topic

An example of the kind of deals you get with Amazon and Comixology.

Deadpool: The Adamantium Collection

9781302904678_p0_v1_s600x595.jpg

784 pages.

I paid $1 for the digital copy in 2017.

A hard print copy would have cost about $115.

I have done these kind of digital deals hundreds of times with Amazon and Comixology.

There is no way I will ever pay $3.99 for a 15 minute read for a modern print copy unless I could flip it. No going back once people find out how cool digital comics look on tablets and how you can have way more bang for your money.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

I find I use my phone more often than my tablet. Just more mobile. I can read in bed holding and feeding my baby in one hand and hold my phone in the other... I can read while on the toilet at work... or... well you get the idea. My phone screen is on the large size so that helps, but also the books I’m reading digitally are often from my Marvel Unlimited account and I’m just reading them because they’re mildly interesting to me. Books I care enough to want to see in larger formats I typically buy a nice hardcover anyways for. Also I have found the app you’re using matters as much or more than the device.... 

Good luck! I’ve moved to a combination of digital/hardcover over floppies for 95% of my needs at this point and really only buy floppies on books I want to collect rather than just want to read and discard/sell. I’ve been loving it so far.