• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eternals 1 CGC 9.8 Signature series Lee/Kirby

3 posts in this topic

Noted on GP Analysis. How'd Kirby's name get credited to a CGC graded Eternals 1? Already there when Lee's signature was witnessed? If so, did CGC authenticate it for inclusion on the label? Or does the Kirby have a COA/LOA from a reputable authenticator? I ask because the Kirby couldn't have been CGC witnessed (deceased by about 6 years prior to CGC). .

add.png
( 9.8 )  Sgnt series/Signed by Lee/Kirby  -    (1) $3,000    (2) $3,400 arrow_up_green.png    (1) $3,800 arrow_up_green.png   $3,800  Aug-2019

29 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Noted on GP Analysis. How'd Kirby's name get credited to a CGC graded Eternals 1? Already there when Lee's signature was witnessed? If so, did CGC authenticate it for inclusion on the label? Or does the Kirby have a COA/LOA from a reputable authenticator? I ask because the Kirby couldn't have been CGC witnessed (deceased by about 6 years prior to CGC). .

add.png
( 9.8 )  Sgnt series/Signed by Lee/Kirby  -    (1) $3,000    (2) $3,400 arrow_up_green.png    (1) $3,800 arrow_up_green.png   $3,800  Aug-2019

GPA is kind of wrong but not I can't say absolutely wrong.

I looked it up this listing in GPA and clicked the number.  Here are the results.  Stan is the only one who has a witnessed signature but CGC noted that the name Jack Kirby is on the first page. 

Screen Shot 2019-09-13 at 4.30.04 AM.png

16 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

GPA is kind of wrong but not I can't say absolutely wrong.

I looked it up this listing in GPA and clicked the number.  Here are the results.  Stan is the only one who has a witnessed signature but CGC noted that the name Jack Kirby is on the first page. 

Screen Shot 2019-09-13 at 4.30.04 AM.png

Got it, thank you.