• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GAME OF THRONES: HOUSE OF THE DRAGON series (2022)
4 4

680 posts in this topic

On 7/17/2024 at 12:39 PM, fantastic_four said:

Have they said how many seasons there will be?

5 seasons are planned.  The source material for this show is complete, and there is a definitive endpoint. 

Did they already say this giant, 100+ year old dragon was hiding down in the basement before this episode?  It was news to me for sure.

My immediate question was why weren't they trying to find a rider for Vermithor from the first day the Hightower kid seized the throne.  That thing changes the war so significantly I feel intentionally mis-led by the showrunner that they waited until episode 7 to introduce him.  :taptaptap:

And why weren't any of the other Targaryens riding Vermithor instead of whatever much-smaller dragons they're currently riding?  Are these dragon-rider bonds for life or something?

I was also confused by that last scene.  What dragon was that guarding the eggs, and who was that who appeared to step on the eggs and break one or two?  Why didn't the dragon roast him for breaking her eggs?

On 7/29/2024 at 12:33 PM, fantastic_four said:

Did they already say this giant, 100+ year old dragon was hiding down in the basement before this episode?  It was news to me for sure.

My immediate question was why weren't they trying to find a rider for Vermithor from the first day the Hightower kid seized the throne.  That thing changes the war so significantly I feel intentionally mis-led by the showrunner that they waited until episode 7 to introduce him.  :taptaptap:

The whole time I thought Vhager was the oldest and largest of the living dragons.

But that scene with Vermithor made it come across he is massive.

On 7/29/2024 at 12:36 PM, fantastic_four said:

And why weren't any of the other Targaryens riding Vermithor instead of whatever much-smaller dragons they're currently riding?  Are these dragon-rider bonds for life or something?

I was also confused by that last scene.  What dragon was that guarding the eggs, and who was that who appeared to step on the eggs and break one or two?  Why didn't the dragon roast him for breaking her eggs?

That was Silverwing, the one that buzzed the city in the end.