• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Scottsdale Comicon

8 posts in this topic

I don't know if this has been announced anywhere or not...but we AZ collectors are getting a 1-day show for just comics and original art.  The show will probably be similar to Terry's show in SoCal, and is co-sponsored by our own Bill Ponsetti (ciorac).  Here's the info blurb:

We are proud to announce that we are co-sponsoring a Comic Book and Original Art Show in Scottsdale, AZ with Terry O'Neil of Terry's Comics on Sunday November 10th 2019 at the Scottsdale American Legion Post 44. The address is

7145 E 2nd St, Scottsdale, AZ 85257.

The show will be open from 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Admission will be $5.00. We will also have hourly raffles for prizes.

Confirmed Dealers are Terry's Comics, Graham Crackers Comics, Harley Yee's Rare Comics, Samurai Comics, Fantastic Worlds Comics, Ed Robertson Comics, Koop's Comics, Comic Cellar, Greg's Comics, Heroes Comics, C-press and Tom Kalb. More to come.

Edited by Tri-ColorBrian

2 hours ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

I don't know if this has been announced anywhere or not...but we AZ collectors are getting a 1-day show for just comics and original art.  The show will probably be similar to Terry's show in SoCal, and is co-sponsored by our own Bill Ponsetti (ciorac).  Here's the info blurb:

We are proud to announce that we are co-sponsoring a Comic Book and Original Art Show in Scottsdale, AZ with Terry O'Neil of Terry's Comics on Sunday November 10th 2019 at the Scottsdale VFW Lodge. The address of the Lodge is  7220 E Wilshire Dr, Scottsdale, AZ 85257.

The show will be open from 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Admission will be $5.00. We will also have hourly raffles for prizes.

Confirmed Dealers are Terry's Comics, Graham Crackers Comics, Harley Yee's Rare Comics, Samurai Comics, Fantastic Worlds Comics, Ed Robertson Comics, Koop's Comics, Comic Cellar, Greg's Comics, Heroes Comics, C-press and Tom Kalb. More to come.

Bill @ciorac posted an announcement in the Events forum.  If I get a wild hair and can do a 14 hour drive, I would love to come to this.  It sounds like my kind of con.

1 hour ago, telerites said:

Bill @ciorac posted an announcement in the Events forum.  If I get a wild hair and can do a 14 hour drive, I would love to come to this.  It sounds like my kind of con.

I never see the Events thread...so I just posted it here because I figured there were other old people like me that only see a couple different forums.  Hope you can make it.  :bigsmile:

4 minutes ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

I never see the Events thread...so I just posted it here because I figured there were other old people like me that only see a couple different forums.  Hope you can make it.  :bigsmile:

I think it is great that you posted here.  I so rarely leave the GA forum but had checked the events forum to see the OAFCON thread and happened to see it.  I wish it were two days.  Just not sure if it would make sense for me to make the trip but I would like to.

14 hours ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

Guess they will have to let us know...or I can call Bill and find out.  I don't know why we have to do all the work to promote someone else's show...grumble, grumble.:sumo:

That's what old men do lol