• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Round 2.........let the punishment begin!

43 posts in this topic

For some people wasting $40,000 on bad ebay bidding doesn't mean much. My cousin used to lose that much in a single day on a bad stock trade but he was worth a few million. Luckily he was one of the few that cashed out before the dot com bubble burst so he was still worth a few million. He reinvested in southern california real estate and is now living the high life. My point is 40k is small beans for quite a few people. Even small time "comic" speculating is petty when compared with the tens/hundreds of thousands of dollars people dump into other investments. This Jgreen probably has lots of income from other things. I seriously doubt he's a run of the mill joe collecting comics through making home equity loans or spending into the red doing this.

This is speculating on his behalf but I think people are overanalyzing this.

the consternation his actions were met with on this thread takes that into account. Its th WHY nobody gets and can only guess at. WHY someone with money to spend would "invest" it so cavalierly, or specifically in this case---so stupidly. he seems to have smartened up his bidding this go around with sniping, which points to not only Comics naivete, but also ebay unfamiliarity as well.

The question is..is he actually investing or just buying mid to high grade books of stuff he likes? He could have a pretty wide interest in all things comic related so he's getting all he can get to fill out some massive collection. I'd be more wary about his intentions if he was buying vast multiples of specific keys at outrageous prices in order to "monopolize" ebay. As it is he's just annoying people with his bidding habits and possibly raising short term prices for everyone. No a big deal, If what I think is true then he'll get his fill and move on.