• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spider-Man ORIGINAL ART Cover Gallery

204 posts in this topic

gpcove. you have a valid point on covert buy / pricing of original comic art. as compared to fine art.

i belived this is still a very new market although i have been exposed to comic art for almost 30 years. i think when the market get to a point when we start to see pages or covers go over the 300.000 dollar mark.

the world will sit up a take notice of the hobby. note i said hobby. if a person brought a rembrant painting for 10 million you would not say to that person. hey that,s a nice hobby you have going.

so. i still think were about 10 to 20 years before. this hobby really get noticed and gets respect from the fine art world. and then you will see people having press conferences on frazetta painting they just bought. just my 2 cents on the matter.

larry ;]

gpcove. you have a valid point on covert buy / pricing of original comic art. as compared to fine art.

i belived this is still a very new market although i have been exposed to comic art for almost 30 years. i think when the market get to a point when we start to see pages or covers go over the 300.000 dollar mark.

the world will sit up a take notice of the hobby. note i said hobby. if a person brought a rembrant painting for 10 million you would not say to that person. hey that,s a nice hobby you have going.

so. i still think were about 10 to 20 years before. this hobby really get noticed and gets respect from the fine art world. and then you will see people having press conferences on frazetta painting they just bought. just my 2 cents on the matter.

larry ;]

Hey desert dog,

I'd calm down that type of talk around here,...it'll get ya shot !!!

Gunslinger.jpg

Oh, yes, I remember when you got that! You're right.... a great thing for a really good thing. From the peak of Kirby/Sinnott FF, no less! Now, if you can only find the cover!

Best,

You know, I think I did myself a favor buying this particular story, because I have really no interest in the cover. Don't like it all that much. Yes, it would be cool to put them back together but there are many other Kirby FF covers I would jump at before that one. DF gossip.gif

Wow... that's a great trade. I'd take the interior of FF #53 any day over that Romita cover.

Clearly, there was more to the trade. You can't trade a small art Romita cover for a Twice up Kirby/Sinnott Ff book. But, it was in there and was the largest piece.

Hi Bleeker,

You can get most covers over issue 150 for significantly less than 20K (closer to 4-15K). Issues in the 103-150 would be around that price (with notable exceptions 121, 122, 129, 135, 149, etc.). Issue 149 just sold for 35K. Issues below 102 are going to cost you much more, depending on image quality, artist, condition, importance, size, etc.

Best,

Hi Bleeker,

You can get most covers over issue 150 for significantly less than 20K (closer to 4-15K). Issues in the 103-150 would be around that price (with notable exceptions 121, 122, 129, 135, 149, etc.). Issue 149 just sold for 35K. Issues below 102 are going to cost you much more, depending on image quality, artist, condition, importance, size, etc.

Best,

Thanks for the feedback. Where is the best place to look for them? Heraitage?

Amazing Spider-Man covers are hard to get, as people tend not to sell them. And, when they do, they ask for a lot. Same goes for X-Men covers. Your best bet, besides auction houses, is to check out some of the covers in the galleries at Comic Art Fans, and then make offers to the owners. At least that way they know you are interested if/when the time comes to sell.

Good luck!