• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] FS: Incredible Hulk 181, CGC 6.5, w/p, blue label - 1st full Wolverine!

3 posts in this topic

Happy Sunday all!  For sale here is the always in demand Incredible Hulk 181.  Bronze Age grail.  1st full appearance of some guy called Wolverine.  Need I say more?  Probably not, but I will in a bit.  First the necessities:

Payment:  In addition to PayPal, I will also accept check/money order, though the book will be held until clearance.  If paying in full -- due within 10 business days; however, I will also entertain time payments.  PM to discuss if you're interested in going the time payment route.  

Shipping:  USPS insured priority (medium flat rate box).  Shipping cost is included in the book's price. 

Returns:  No returns on CGC graded books unless I make an error in the listing or fail to disclose a problem.  If by chance the USPS goes above and beyond to defeat my packaging and the slab is damaged in transit, prior to doing ANYTHING ELSE, save all the packing material and contact me.  USPS regulations have been beefed up to require the packing material being available for inspection (pictures suffice based on experience) in order to file a proper insurance claim.  

On the HoS?  Don't bother.  Probation list?  Message me first and we'll talk about your situation, but don't be overly optimistic.

Can provide board references if needed (no name dropping here), and nearing 1700 positive eBay feedback as well -- https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=792mn

So what else do I need to say?  Well from the pics you can clearly see that this one is a blue label 6.5 with white pages.  There's two small spots of ink spray on the across the top of the pages, and a small bit got on the top of the front cover (upper right, its tough to see in the photo).  

When I originally acquired the book, it was advertised as unpressed, and I agree with that assessment.  There's several non-color breaking creases that I can see which could certainly be improved by a detail oriented presser.  The back cover would likely clean up a little too.  Could this go up to a 7.0?  Maaaayyybeeee.  Two things give me pause -- there's a subtle, but color breaking, roughly 2 inch crease by Wendigo's left leg, and several small color breakers on the edge of the front cover along Hulk's right leg and above his left arm.

All that said, this one is a great add to any collection.  Looking over eBay and ComicLink data for the past few months, 6.5 sales have generally been in the $2450-$2600 range, a few outliers both lower and higher.  I'm going to price toward the lower end as I'd like to move this one quickly to free up cash for other endeavors, so let's call it...

-- $2350 --

First outright :takeit:takes the book home.  I will listen to offers, but I'll be upfront and say that my flexibility on the price will be minimal.