• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The End of the Simpsons?

11 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

"From what I've heard, it is coming to an end" - Danny Elfman on The Simpsons

Looks like the house of Mouse might be archiving thirty seasons of the show and pulling the plug. 

Until 5 years later when we get the 'for a limited time out of the vault, only $149 per season...' marketing campaigns. :insane:

"Really, I expected it would run for three episodes and get cancelled, and that would be that, because it was so weird at the time, and I just didn't think it had a chance. So believe me, that is one of the truly big surprises in my life."

Surprise! :applause:

I would guess that with each new season, the value of future seasons decrease since they have 30 years of episodes to license out.   This is kind of what happened with Law and Order (the original).  Why order new seasons in 2010 when they already had Law and Order SVU on at season 10, Law and Order Criminal Intent, Law and Order Trial by Jury and people were already watching 20 seasons of Law and Order reruns?

The voice cast constantly want more money with each new season and in the case of Harry Shearer, threaten to quit once in awhile.  Fox needed the Simpsons more than Disney.   I love the Simpsons but Disney might be playing more toward  business than playing toward nostalgia if this article is correct. 

I love the Simpsons and will still always be a fan.. I dont mind it.. there's nothing better to take its place in animation tv shows to watch.. Bob's burgers is ok but sometimes the animation bothers me and the characters, I love the tree house of horror episodes and they did a thanksgiving one which I Loved.. 

I hope he's wrong and we get many more seasons..i will always be ready to watch and willing too many good memories watching this show and growing up with it. 

Today’s (Season 31) episode - (same age as always) Todd Flanders blames God for his mother’s death.  Which happened in Season 11.  19 years ago.  :facepalm:

Please.  Stop.