• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Men’s Adventure Mags
12 12

1,125 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, lbcolefan said:

No, but I’m pretty close on Wildcat and a couple others. 

I imagine it would almost impossible to get full runs of some of those 🤔 but you have a great collection ‼️

1 hour ago, FoggyNelson said:

I imagine it would almost impossible to get full runs of some of those 🤔 but you have a great collection ‼️

I wonder how easy it is to even determine what constitutes a full run of some of these titles, at least with any certainty. They don't seem extensively researched and written about, compared to comics or pulps etc.

21 hours ago, Readcomix said:

I wonder how easy it is to even determine what constitutes a full run of some of these titles, at least with any certainty. They don't seem extensively researched and written about, compared to comics or pulps etc.

Some issues might have no known photos🤔🤔 like a Gerber photo guide with no picture🤔

On 3/6/2020 at 1:38 PM, lbcolefan said:

8F27A8B9-BD11-4FC0-835D-380F98C545E4.jpeg

lBcolefan, you might have population of one, only known issues of some of these👏👏👏👏 probably not but you sure don’t ever see them anywhere, maybe some old timers have them in storage?

23 hours ago, Readcomix said:

The galactic central website at philsp.com has a index with scans of most issues. I’m sure there are some missing but it looks pretty complete. It’s a great site for research but the scans are too small.

2 hours ago, FoggyNelson said:

lBcolefan, you might have population of one, only known issues of some of these👏👏👏👏 probably not but you sure don’t ever see them anywhere, maybe some old timers have them in storage?

It’s hard to say how rare they are but there’s probably lots of them tucked away in collections. I’m guessing print runs were 100k or less for most of them. Probably a large percentage were tossed into the trash but who knows(shrug)