• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kirby Sig - Opinions?
2 2

44 posts in this topic

ok- so lets say the sig is legit and you want to get it slabbed...but the idea of a pink cbcs label isn't your cup of tea.

Do you take the approach of just taking some pix and getting a cgc blue label...or is there something you would do prior to getting it slabbed - like getting a COA from JSA or some other verification company?

...or is that a total waste?  Does anybody even care? I've seen COAs of Stans signature and it does nothing for me.

Thoughts?

2 hours ago, Ozonetv said:

ok- so lets say the sig is legit and you want to get it slabbed...but the idea of a pink cbcs label isn't your cup of tea.

Do you take the approach of just taking some pix and getting a cgc blue label...or is there something you would do prior to getting it slabbed - like getting a COA from JSA or some other verification company?

...or is that a total waste?  Does anybody even care? I've seen COAs of Stans signature and it does nothing for me.

Thoughts?

Why the COAs don't impress you is because there are so many different people and companies issuing them, and there is rampant fraud in reproducing them, or copying them and misrepresenting an item with an unrelated COA.

A PSA or JSA cert mean something. The many, many of the rest don't, as far as I'm concerned. My suggestion is that if it makes you feel better about the auto, get the cert from PSA or JSA and then have CGC slab it. You'll have paperwork for it that bears a photo so the cert will identify the slabbed item!

That's probably the next best thing to the CGC yellow label "autograph witness protection" program!! It'll be CGC graded, the cert will apply to the slabbed item, and the label of the slab will bear the notes stating where the "writing" is and likely what it says, like "Jack Kirby written in pen on splash page".