• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Role of Punisher is cast

30 posts in this topic

Sly is another example; You see him in a movie like "Get Carter" and the way it's shot, you'd think he was 6 ' 4, but he's only 5 ' 8 or maybe even shorter.

IMO, Slyvester Stallone would be the PERFECT choice for the Punisher...ever watch the movie "Cobra"

What matters more is the physique. You can work angles and do all sorts of things to increase height, but you need the muscle for the full effect.

I agree, and with the technology we have today... Did you realize that the Hobbits in LOTR are actually normal sized people? I didn't give it much thought, until after I had watched then movie, and I thought "wow, I would not have known any different". tongue.gif

really don't see a Punisher movie working in the least, as it has nothing to offer compared to the zillion other revenge-based movies. Punny was highly derivative when he first appeared in 1974, and is now a downright cliche.

I think you're looking at it more from the perspective of a comic fan, and not a movie maker. If only "original" concepts worked at the box office, how do you explain this constant, sickening stream of romance comedies that inevitalby star Hugh Grant, Jennifer Lopez, Sandra Bullock, Richard Gere, or one of the actors from "friends"? There are so many of them, and it seems a new one is coming out every week. They're all derived from the same formula and continue to work, at least enough for the suits to continue giving them the green light.

>>If only "original" concepts worked at the box office....

I'm not talking about that, but in PAYING Marvel big bucks for the rights to a movie premise that has already been made a hundred times. Just pay Vin Diesel to star and don't pay Marvel a cent.

Ooops, they just did that. grin.gif

Or a better way to say it:

Spider-man is super-strong, can climb walls and shoot webs - highly unique

Wolverine has razor-sharp claws, an adamantium skeleton and a healing factor - highly unique

Daredevil is blind and has a radar sense - unique

Punisher is a regular guy with a shotgun - done a thousand times before and will be done a thousand more.

Why pay for the cow when you get the milk for free?

I get what you're saying, and from a movie standpoint, it makes sense. But Punisher has always been one of my favorites BECAUSE he has no super powers. I like more human based characters in comics. So I personally would like to see a Punisher movie that is well written and acted.

You guys who wouldn't ever want to see a Punisher movie, even if well done, are too cynical. You're obviously a big X men fan right? I'm sure you were thrilled when you heard the first movie was in the works, whether you ended up liking it or not. I personally don't care for X Men at all, but I was still glad to see the movie made.

I think no matter what movie was in the works(with the exception of "x" movies), you would be overly cynical. You're letting DD traumatize you.

No, my dislike of DD is totally different than this. The way I see it, movies of late have been too real, too gritty and too violent for some, and it was a perfect time for some fantasy comic-based movies like Spider-man and X-men.

The problem I see with the Punisher is what makes the character so popular in comics (regular guy in a super-hero world), makes him a cliche in the movies. More than enough war hero, mob-killed-my-family, shotgun-toting movie characters to go around.

The problem I see with the Punisher is what makes the character so popular in comics (regular guy in a super-hero world), makes him a cliche in the movies. More than enough war hero, mob-killed-my-family, shotgun-toting movie characters to go around.

True enough. I guess it's just different if you're a fan, but looking at it from the general public's perspective, you're right.

I still think DD shook you up though. Don't worry, it's all over now..... grin.gif