• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yet another Chicago report: with pictures!

27 posts in this topic

Well, I'm going to keep it brief this time. Again, I'm not a pro but I set up in Chicago with the hope of getting a lot of the esoteric Golden Age material from the "Northhampton" collection.

I succeeded. I sold more Golden Age than I ever thought possible, and made a lot of collectors happy. Made a few new friends like Michelle Nolan, and other GA collectors that were happy to see me with thousands of GA books under $20.

I was disappointed with my sales of Bronze and Silver, though. I had a big sale on Sunday to salvage the show, and ended up doing well. I think that I was in a really bad spot, and the competition in the room was staggering. There were just gobs of dealers with deep Bronze and Silver stock.

And, my signage was lacking...And my booth was crowded with too much stuff. I am probably most disappointed that I have not been mentioned in a con report yet, leading me to believe that my impact overall was very small. Not too surprising - I'm a small fish to be sure. An experience I would not trade away, though. Big thanks to everyone who stopped by and didn't know they were stopping by! :-)

GA Romance was hot. Bronze Hulk and Bronze Horror as well.

898814-P1010008.JPG

898814-P1010008.JPG.cc0f36ee21854a29ae819257e2dc85d2.JPG

We were REALLY glad Red Sonja brought ALL her arsenal of weaponry. REALLY glad.

898838-P1010019.JPG

Really good report. Exceptional report. Like....wow........

All I can say is........yum. blush.gif

Wish I would have seen your booth, I would've loved to see what you had but

sadly I was only there for Sunday and had to scramble to see the dealers I was

familiar with frown.gif

Maybe next time............

Joker--

I must say that you win the "Smoothest looking dude" award from the pics I've seen so far. grin.gif

No offense meant to anyone else, and not thinking of anyone in particular here, but it's always funny for me to see pics of folks who are buying thousands of $$$ worth of books at shows, and are wearing shirts that could have been purchased at the Salvation Army for $0.50, $4.00 sunglasses, look like they haven't shaved or showered in awhile, and don't plan on doing so anytime soon.

I stand with the empire! (That's a helper I brought to the show, my brother-in-law's roomate. The "normal" one.)

898826-P1010014.JPG

Lookin' sharp there C! Thanks for the pics - Man, I think you had pretty good set-up there - be proud, be proud! 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gif