• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yet another Chicago report: with pictures!

27 posts in this topic

No offense meant to anyone else, and not thinking of anyone in particular here, but it's always funny for me to see pics of folks who are buying thousands of $$$ worth of books at shows, and are wearing shirts that could have been purchased at the Salvation Army for $0.50, $4.00 sunglasses, look like they haven't shaved or showered in awhile, and don't plan on doing so anytime soon.

Don't worry, I'm sure GREGGY will not take your comments personally.

No offense meant to anyone else, and not thinking of anyone in particular here, but it's always funny for me to see pics of folks who are buying thousands of $$$ worth of books at shows, and are wearing shirts that could have been purchased at the Salvation Army for $0.50, $4.00 sunglasses, look like they haven't shaved or showered in awhile, and don't plan on doing so anytime soon.

Don't worry, I'm sure GREGGY will not take your comments personally.

LMFAO 27_laughing.gif

Great Pictures. I remember your booth but I don't think I was able to find anything there that would have been suitable for my collection.

I am glad to hear (as a buyer) that the pricing was very competitive. Locally, in Canada's largest city, there is only one comic store that has comics at a price that I find suitable-- Paradise comics. And while they have a good selection, all things considered, my want list is getting smaller and smaller and I don't find things there at my price that I want on every visit.

On a long Saturday, where I swear I went through every silver age comic on the floor three times, I found 37 Silver Age marvels that I was missing. Comics that would have cost $25 in most Toronto comic stores cost $5 there.

I talked to one dealer who said that she wasn't doing the business of the year before but that might not have been true for everybody. Another dealer said that it was her first year and she was quite satisfied with her sales.

The tables are supposed to be quite expensive-- from what I have heard $800 each. I look at some of the booths and wonder how much business a dealer has to do to break even. Many of the dealers were selling books at a dollar and even 3 for a dollar. Can they fit so many books on or under a table to make that kind of sale worth while?

Still, I had great fun even without running into Red Sonia. I will be back next year.

Great Pictures. I remember your booth but I don't think I was able to find anything there that would have been suitable for my collection.

Hey, at least **SOMEONE** found me. :-) $800 for my booth is correct.

I stand with the empire! (That's a helper I brought to the show, my brother-in-law's roomate. The "normal" one.)

898826-P1010014.JPG

Was that picture taken on Sunday at the show? I think I am in the background there on the right just to the left and behind the guy who looks like he is picking his nose blush.gif

We were REALLY glad Red Sonja brought ALL her arsenal of weaponry. REALLY glad.

898838-P1010019.JPG

Don't know how I missed her. foreheadslap.gif

EDIT: 5000th post! woot.gif

bumpit.gif

Per Demolition Comics....

reader.jpg

"Reader of the month Wendy is from Chicago. She enjoys reading Red Sonja comics."