• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paypal Class Action Lawsuit - I got paid!

17 posts in this topic

Just got this email:

You've got cash!

Dear David Rice,

In Re PayPal Litigation Settlement Fund just sent you money with PayPal.

In Re PayPal Litigation Settlement Fund is a Verified buyer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Payment Details

Amount: $14.59 USD

I wonder if the full amount was $15, and Paypal took the 41 cents out as fees... 893whatthe.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Just got this email:

You've got cash!

Dear David Rice,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Payment Details

I wonder if the full amount was $15, and Paypal took the 41 cents out as fees... 893whatthe.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Why sit around and wonder? Look at your transaction report in your PayPal account and it'll tell you. foreheadslap.gif

You is so smart smile.gifflowerred.gif

I looked, and that is the full amount (no fees). Here is the note with the payment:

Dear Class Action Short-Form Fund Claimant:

Your payment of $14.59 as a short-form fund claimant in the In Re PayPal Litigation class action lawsuit has been credited to your PayPal account. No further action is required for you to claim these funds.

thumbsup2.gif

Good for you! I wouldn't touch PayPal with a 10-foot pole, I've heard too many truly scary horror stories. Poor to non-existent customer service, arbitrary freezing of funds, etc.

No payment for me. frown.gif

But I think PayPal is the next best thing on the internet since Ebay. Sure, I hate the fees but I obviously accept them or I wouldn't be using PayPal. I have heard a few horror stories, but from my experiences I have to rate PayPal a 9 on a scale of 1-10. The -1 is only for the high fees. I even use PayPal as a savings account and have deposited money with them not needed for comics or other purchases. Can't really beat 3.28% in a savings account these days, and that rate keeps going up as the Fed keeps raising rates.

You is so smart smile.gifflowerred.gif

I looked, and that is the full amount (no fees). Here is the note with the payment:

Dear Class Action Short-Form Fund Claimant:

Your payment of $14.59 as a short-form fund claimant in the In Re PayPal Litigation class action lawsuit has been credited to your PayPal account. No further action is required for you to claim these funds.

thumbsup2.gif

Funny thing, I got a settlement too! Eight bucks even. Dunno why yours would be more since we were both short-form claimants? ...but oh well! tongue.gif

Just got this email:

You've got cash!

Dear David Rice,

Payment Details

Why sit around and wonder? Look at your transaction report in your PayPal account and it'll tell you. foreheadslap.gif

Silly lawyer - Actually the amount of the short-form refund was to be $50 and they (the class lawyers) screwed us out of that! foreheadslap.gif

Man, it's a insane.gif world!

Good for you! I wouldn't touch PayPal with a 10-foot pole, I've heard too many truly scary horror stories. Poor to non-existent customer service, arbitrary freezing of funds, etc.

No payment for me. frown.gif

But I think PayPal is the next best thing on the internet since Ebay. Sure, I hate the fees but I obviously accept them or I wouldn't be using PayPal. I have heard a few horror stories, but from my experiences I have to rate PayPal a 9 on a scale of 1-10. The -1 is only for the high fees. I even use PayPal as a savings account and have deposited money with them not needed for comics or other purchases. Can't really beat 3.28% in a savings account these days, and that rate keeps going up as the Fed keeps raising rates.

Thanks for sharing the other side of the story. The lack of transparency, oversight, and regulation continues to scare me, though. It's possible the company's cleaned up its act since being bought by eBay. (Funny, isn't it, to think of eBay as a large, respected business, and someone else as the upstart?)

Why did PayPal refund the money? Why did they settle?

CAL confused-smiley-013.gif

paypal refunded the money because there would have been found guilty if the case went to trial..thats why they settled? when a company knows they are going to lose..they settle... paypal refunded your money becasue it was part of the settlement.. unfortunately most of the money went to the lawyers, and not enough went to the over 47 millions paypal users who were abused by there system.... for mopre information just go to www.paypalsucks.com

when a company knows they are going to lose..they settle

Unfortunately, this is not true. Many companies settle even when they have a slamdunk case. It's a sad fact that often times it's cheaper to settle than go through the whole process of litigating a case.