• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why is Spiderman #129 now a mega key comic ?
1 1

183 posts in this topic

So, as these always do, I had to track down why I thought Mike had told me it was originally going to be four issues, and the answer is Grant's statement here:

"Originally Mike and I wanted to do the 4th and 5th issues as one double-sized like the first one, but Marvel wasn't keen on it, so we split it in two."

https://www.cbr.com/comic-book-legends-revealed-196/

I knew I'd heard it was at some point intended to be four issues. That's where. :) (From 2009!) Great article; in it, Mike says that the "FOUR ISSUE" banner was because production was just in the habit of using that for limited series (even though the year before, they'd had the 12 issue limited series banner for Secret Wars, and the 9 issue limited series banner for SW II in '85, along with the concurrent Vision & Scarlet Witch 12 issue that started 3 months before the Punisher Ltd, so other banners certainly existed) Apparently, someone had told someone it was going to be four issues, and it stuck, even with Mike's intervention for issue #2.

Mike, ever the diplomat (he is a genuinely nice guy) says in that article that Vosburg was brought in because he was behind his deadlines, and Potts had simply made an editorial decision to assign the 5th issue ti Vosburg. Mike takes all the blame there.

I don't know why I thought he'd only committed to 4; I must not have heard him correctly.

On 1/17/2020 at 10:49 AM, Krismusic said:

it's value is tied to a movie Coyote Ugly.. duhh ... lol and those speculators buying books because o the MCU... wait umm :roflmao:

image.png.8c46ae1046d65931e2c88d5f38c7acc9.png

people... people... I closed the thread... we know the book is only valuable due to the Movie.... Coyote Ugly.. 

Image result for change my mind