• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BATMAN # 11 PREDICTIONS...winners gets a Kewpie !

70 posts in this topic

krazy:

you did over project the value of the art, and while I think your enthusiasm for original art is nice, it's ridiculous your hyperbolic over estimation of prices. Likewise, your remarks sound like they are coming from somebody who is always looking through rose colored glasses and it's hard to take your comments with any seriousness. Sadly, you probably have something positive to contribute. Too bad I know of nobody who takes with even a grain of seriousness.

Mr. Foolkiller,

I really didnt over-project the value of the art. My original estimate was 150K - 200K but then I felt like my bid had gotten 'squished' in-between everyone elses so I had a 'price is right' choice,..either bid $1 or bid for the sky. I bid for the sky. That said, 400K was not aggregious,..it could have happened. I still say 200K for a Cover is now precedent and a solid, solid showing.

And I think I have much to contribute,..unfortunately,,,many are biased against me because they dont like my 'personality'. I can live with that. I wont change for no one. IN FACT,...I get private messages all the time from board members asking me opinions, insights, etc.. . . .The majority happens to be vocal,...but there is a sub-set of users that recognize I get a raw deal,..even if I do bring some of it on myself.

actually krazy, people might send you PMs, but they're later just used to ridicule you privately. Hate to break it to you.

by the way, if you think Gene's got zero qualifications in the OA market, you really have no idea about him.

actually krazy, people might send you PMs, but they're later just used to ridicule you privately. Hate to break it to you.

by the way, if you think Gene's got zero qualifications in the OA market, you really have no idea about him.

Case in point. You could have taken the 'high road' and based your correspondence with me based on your personal interaction and experience with me, yet you take the 'low road' and act like a sheep.

No matter.

That said, you have ZERO knowledge of my PRIVATE (duh, the word says it all dim-wit) correspondence,..so your arrogant boast that they are a part of some wider under-ground campaign makes you THE TWIT OF THE CENTURY.

Lastly,..Gene has ZERO, ZERO, ZERO credentials in evaluating the OA market. All one need do is go back and read his arguments...they are a poor man's version of critical thinking, analysis, and conclusion formulation.

Speaking of which. What is your avatar, Gene?

I know I've seen that character before, but I can't remember where. It's been bugging me for a year.

It's of the anime character Lupin III. The official website (http://www.lupinofficial.com/) characterizes him as "the world's greatest thief...always out to steal high-profile treasures and Fujiko's heart!" He's also known as Rupan III in some English translations.

My friend Fabio from Milan tagged me with the nickname Lupin soon after we met in business school. Apparently the character is very big in Italy.

BTW - if you Google Image "delekkerste", this is one of the top hits

thumbsup2.gif

That said, you have ZERO knowledge of my PRIVATE (duh, the word says it all dim-wit) correspondence,..so your arrogant boast that they are a part of some wider under-ground campaign makes you THE TWIT OF THE CENTURY.

sleeping.gifsleeping.gifsleeping.gif

Lastly,..Gene has ZERO, ZERO, ZERO credentials in evaluating the OA market. All one need do is go back and read his arguments...they are a poor man's version of critical thinking, analysis, and conclusion formulation.

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

That's a riot coming from you. Keep 'em coming, I can always use a good laugh.

I know I've seen that character before, but I can't remember where. It's been bugging me for a year.

It's of the anime character Lupin III. The official website (http://www.lupinofficial.com/) characterizes him as "the world's greatest thief...always out to steal high-profile treasures and Fujiko's heart!" He's also known as Rupan III in some English translations.

My friend Fabio from Milan tagged me with the nickname Lupin soon after we met in business school. Apparently the character is very big in Italy.

thumbsup2.gif

Well it wouldnt be a Delicatessen post if it didnt have some Euro-City name dropping. Keep up the preteniousness.

893blahblah.gif

Well it wouldnt be a Delicatessen post if it didnt have some Euro-City name dropping. Keep up the preteniousness.

I was just relaying the story of why I picked this avatar. The fact that Lupin III is popular in Italy is a key component of that story. But, I guess the facts don't matter to you. If someone is skeptical about your OA views, everything he says must be pretentious. On the other hand, if someone who collects Marvel S.A. art talks at length about his vacation in the Galapagos, like Rhino_Comics, I guess it's all good.

(No offense whatsoever intended to Rhino_Comics - I enjoy reading about interesting things that Board members do, and the Galapagos trip certainly qualifies. Unlike KrazyKat and a few other Board members, I am secure enough in my own standing in life that I don't get uptight and jealous about reading about such things. I only noted this to show that KK is not merely stupid, he's also a flaming hypocrite.)

I was just relaying the story of why I picked this avatar. The fact that Lupin III is popular in Italy is a key component of that story. But, I guess the facts don't matter to you. If someone is skeptical about your OA views, everything he says must be pretentious. On the other hand, if someone who collects Marvel S.A. art talks at length about his vacation in the Galapagos, like Rhino_Comics, I guess it's all good.

(No offense whatsoever intended to Rhino_Comics - I enjoy reading about interesting things that Board members do, and the Galapagos trip certainly qualifies. Unlike KrazyKat and a few other Board members, I am secure enough in my own standing in life that I don't get uptight and jealous about reading about such things. I only noted this to show that KK is not merely stupid, he's also a flaming hypocrite.)

Someone actually pays you money for your brain-power ?

AMAZING.

Hi Gene,

I'm not offended. But one point of clarification: where exactly did I discuss my vacation "at length"?

I think I mentioned that we had gotten home late from our trip the night before the Chicago Con at the beginning of my Chicago report. TTH asked me a couple questions about what we saw so I told him. And I think I mentioned that we'd been there diving on my birthday in my kudos thread to my wife for buying me art.

I try NOT to blather on about my non-collecting interests on these boards. Unless someone specifically asks about it, as TTH did.

Lastly, why don't you put KK on ignore? It'll save you heaps of frustration. He's just saying that stuff to push your buttons.

--Steve

So krazykat you won the Action 45 cover, right? In this thread you said you'd be putting down a $100k bid on it. The Action went for a little over $50k, right? Love to see a new scan or pic of it after you fly out to pick it up! hail.gif

I'll even watermark the image for you!

thumbsup2.gif

27_laughing.gif Interesting, I always thought it was Peter Venkman from some Ghostbuster's cartoon. 27_laughing.gif

I'm not offended. But one point of clarification: where exactly did I discuss my vacation "at length"?

Hi Steve,

Sorry, I haven't been keeping up with that thread. I recall the posts where you mentioned the trip (some in response to Tim, as you said, to be sure), and I recall you posting something about elaborating on your Galapagos experience in greater detail when you got the chance (not sure if you ever did that or not). I didn't mean to imply that you had been going on and on about it by any means.

In any case, people post all kinds of stupid stuff here on the Boards, and I, for one, actually enjoy hearing about interesting things that people do or places they go to. If people want to talk about their cool vacations or their connoisseurship of wine or adult film stars they know or their impending promotions at work or the houses they are about to buy or interesting careers or experiences they have, I find it all to be quite fascinating and welcome hearing more. It's too bad that people can't share more of these experiences without some Board members, who are apparently so insecure with their own lives, throwing a fit of envy/jealousy every time.

Lastly, why don't you put KK on ignore? It'll save you heaps of frustration. He's just saying that stuff to push your buttons.

He's like a train wreck...can't...seem...to...look...away...

Besides, I love reading about what other people say about the guy. Watching Tim give him the smackdown the past couple of weeks has been particularly entertaining. thumbsup2.gif

27_laughing.gif

Normally I would admonish people for doing something so cruel, but for this particular case, I can only say: hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

27_laughing.gif

Normally I would admonish people for doing something so cruel, but for this particular case, I can only say: hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

That's because Brian is a

Nasty Person

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

So krazykat you won the Action 45 cover, right? In this thread you said you'd be putting down a $100k bid on it. The Action went for a little over $50k, right? Love to see a new scan or pic of it after you fly out to pick it up! hail.gif

waitforever0tp.png

waitforever0tp.png

I am a VERY private person. YOU have NO need to know what is in my collection. What I have purchased. What I am purchasing.

Why dont you worry about YOUR meager collection and leave my 'meager' collection alone ?

waitforever0tp.png

I am a VERY private person. YOU have know need to know what is in my collection. What I have purchased. What I am purchasing.

Why dont you worry about YOUR meager collection and leave my 'meager' collection alone ?

893blahblah.gif

How convenient. Were also a "VERY private person" when you repeatedly bragged about how much your alleged OA collection was worth? 27_laughing.gifscrewy.gif

I am a VERY private person.

So private that you posted your mother's address on the Board and invited everyone over for a garage sale? confused-smiley-013.gif

That was about money, Delicatessen. And helping my mamama with a favour. Can I ask you a question ? How does it feel to be such a runt ?