• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicLink's next Featured Auction Has Started Posting Books
17 17

1,774 posts in this topic

On 10/2/2022 at 12:38 PM, Forbush-Man said:

Have you ever seen a split grade before? This one is split between moderate/Extensive, I haven't seen that before. I got this one with restoration disclosed from John Berk, it was an extra copy he was nice enough to offer me.  With Centaurs my collecting view is/was get what you can, upgrade & flip later.  Some of these books are good trade bait with other Centaur collector's looking to plug a hole in their collections.  PLOD's are not viewed so negatively when they're scarce to rare comics; they make nice place holders. 

Aman7.jpg

Never seen that before, and it honestly feels confusing to me...either it's moderate or it's extensive, how can it be both? :D

Still a book I would love, as I don't care about restoration so long as it looks to have been done competently.

On 10/2/2022 at 9:46 AM, Sauce Dog said:

Never seen that before, and it honestly feels confusing to me...either it's moderate or it's extensive, how can it be both? :D

Still a book I would love, as I don't care about restoration so long as it looks to have been done competently.

I'd say it's just barely extensive, but just slightly too much for moderate.  I've had cards online fall into that pit, generally have to set them to the lower grade (an LP that is not quite a NM due to something minor.)

I'll come back around later to show All American Comics #39 (1st Harlequin) and Amazing-Man Comics #13, 15 & 19 once scans are up. 

This is the end of the line on my Amazing-Man Comics, never got #25 or #26. :sorry:

AM24.jpg

Edited by Forbush-Man

I'll also swing back around for America's Greatest Comics #5, Captain Midnight #37 and Catman Comics #5, 6, 7, 27 & 31 once scans are up.

Here's a tough one & very presentable...

ComicPages3-6.jpg