• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicLink's next Featured Auction Has Started Posting Books
17 17

1,720 posts in this topic

On 10/13/2022 at 10:43 AM, Courageous Cat said:

how many days is this auction for

Oh, and I doubt they all end on the same date; they split them up. Just FYI.  If you look up any books you are interested in, the end date and time will show (at least once the auction starts.)  Auction start time is 8:00 PM ET today. 

Edited by Forbush-Man

On 10/14/2022 at 12:24 AM, Forbush-Man said:

looks like 14 days, all of mine are closing on October 28.  Bid early & often. :banana:

Just placed some tracking bids on a dozen or so. You may have previously mentioned but when are the other AMans going to be auctioned? You know the one I’m most thinking about. 

On 10/14/2022 at 12:21 PM, ThothAmon said:

Just placed some tracking bids on a dozen or so. You may have previously mentioned but when are the other AMans going to be auctioned? You know the one I’m most thinking about. 

The one's not in the October Focused Auction will be in Comiclink's November Featured Auction starting 11/17/2022. (thumbsu

On 10/14/2022 at 12:54 PM, Forbush-Man said:

The one's not in the October Focused Auction will be in Comiclink's November Featured Auction starting 11/17/2022. (thumbsu

Yes, will certainly be looking forward to your offerings in the November auction as we all know that CL saves their better books for their Featured Auctions, as opposed to their "lesser" Focused Auctions.  (thumbsu  :taptaptap:  :taptaptap:

Edited by lou_fine

On 10/16/2022 at 2:36 PM, lou_fine said:

Yes, will certainly be looking forward to your offerings in the November auction as we all know that CL saves their better books for their Featured Auctions, as opposed to their "lesser" Focused Auctions.  (thumbsu  :taptaptap:  :taptaptap:

There's good stuff there now too, don't be too high-brow to look down on the fine offerings there now.... :shiftyeyes:

Edited by Forbush-Man

On 10/16/2022 at 4:59 PM, Forbush-Man said:

There's good stuff there now too, don't be too high-brow to look down on the fine offerings there now.... :shiftyeyes:

I would have to say with some of your Centaur offerings here in this CL Focused Auction, it's not so much a matter of looking down, but really so much more a matter of looking up.  :shiftyeyes:  (thumbsu

Edited by lou_fine

On 10/16/2022 at 5:07 PM, lou_fine said:

I would have to say with some of your Centaur offerings here in this CL Focused Auction, it's not so much a matter of looking down, but really so much more a matter of looking up.  :shiftyeyes:  (thumbsu

You're a good man, my kind sir. :foryou:

On 10/14/2022 at 3:21 PM, ThothAmon said:

That one will :Rocket:

On 10/17/2022 at 3:20 AM, KCOComics said:

Good luck with the auction! 

It's been allot of fun looking through the scans!  It seems like a good time to be selling rare GA books! 

I hope so, we will see.  It has been with my previous auctions, but this round is so many PLODS I'm not sure what to expect.  Being a Centaur collector my view is you grab what you can, when you can, and you hold until you are lucky enough to find an upgrade later.  Often there just plain may not be a later.  That's the nature of scarce & rare book collecting.  Also, it's always good to have copies of Centaurs to use as trade-fodder; sometimes it's the only way to get Centaurs in trade is to offer other Centaurs.  

On 10/18/2022 at 11:58 AM, LDarkseid1 said:

I’ll leave this for more knowledgeable boardies, but since this might belong to a boardie I will keep my thoughts to myself 

On 10/18/2022 at 10:08 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

I’ll leave this for more knowledgeable boardies, but since this might belong to a boardie I will keep my thoughts to myself 

I suspect it will sell for somewhere slightly above what a CGC 9.8 would go for, but nowhere near if it were a CGC graded 9.9. Feel like that's what tends to happen here.

On 10/17/2022 at 7:28 AM, Forbush-Man said:

Being a Centaur collector my view is you grab what you can, when you can, and you hold until you are lucky enough to find an upgrade later.  Often there just plain may not be a later. 

This reality of course is not limited to just Centaur collectors, and of late it seems that as often as not, much lesser grade books are all that come up on the auction sites.

On 10/19/2022 at 12:49 PM, fifties said:

This reality of course is not limited to just Centaur collectors, and of late it seems that as often as not, much lesser grade books are all that come up on the auction sites.

True, it's more about the ages than publisher or title.  I'd say it very relevant to comics pre-1940's and scarce or rare.  It never hurts to have trade fodder on hand.