• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Top Twenty SA Marvel 1st Super-Hero Appearance Issues!!!

42 posts in this topic

Swap #1 and #2. I don't care how many picked-on, whining, can't-get-a-date fanboys live vicariously through Spider-Man ( poke2.gif), FF#1 is the foundation of the Marvel Universe.

This seems like deja vu. 27_laughing.gifthumbsup2.gif

grin.gif

There has to be something more important that the first apperance of the Black Widow?

Exactly. I think Steve's definite TOS/TOA/ST bias is peeking through. poke2.gif

She's important to DD fans as well, so I'm all for her inclusion. She was on the masthead of the book for several years.

There has to be something more important that the first apperance of the Black Widow?

She's important to DD fans as well, so I'm all for her inclusion. She was on the masthead of the book for several years.

But include her in the top 20? 893naughty-thumb.gifinsane.gif

Find someone else! poke2.gif

I tried confused-smiley-013.gif

Dan

I played no favortism based on what titles I collect.

I just called them the way I see them.

But I do agree that Nick Fury Agent of Shield (assuming you call him a Super-Hero) should be on the list.

Yeah, absolutely, maybe even in the top two or three. Wait, don't I have Strange Tales #135 CGC 9.4. grin.gif

Dan

Didn't you see my list? I dropped her like a hot potato. insane.gif

I'll admit to not being much of a Falcon or Wasp fan (I'll take the bodacious and battlesome Sif and Black Widow over fashion-plate Janet any time). Having loved Warlock back in the early seventies, my list would include FF66 (first "Him").

My list also would have to include the Inhumans (FF45). Their combination of miraculous and divergent abilities, the mysteriousness of Black Bolt and the hidden refuge, and the humor of Lockjaw (the biggest and freakiest dog I ever saw) was just great mythos, and was much more meaningful to me than some of the other lesser Superheroes.

Finally, I agree that Nick Fury and ST135 should make the list.

I would. yay.gif

I'll admit to not being much of a Falcon or Wasp fan (I'll take the bodacious and battlesome Sif and Black Widow over fashion-plate Janet any time). Having loved Warlock back in the early seventies, my list would include FF66 (first "Him").

I agree that Warlock probably should be in the top twenty, but which one is really his first appearance?

Dan

Didn't you see my list? I dropped her like a hot potato. insane.gif

So you did! hail.gif

I didn't actually look too closely at yours because it was all numbers sorry.gif

Dan

I have two framed Marvel posters in my office, the 1973 FOOM poster and a 1975 Mead school supplies poster. The characters ON those two posters - Black Bolt, Angel, Spider-Man, Hulk, Captain America, the Fantastic Four, Iron Man, Black Widow, Silver Surfer, Hawkeye, and the Scarlet Witch. Therefore, my list, because I'm annoying.

1. Fantastic Four 1

2. Amazing Fantasy 15

3. Incredible Hulk 1

4. Avengers 1

5. Journey Into Mystery 83

6. X-Men 1

7. Tales of Suspense 39

8. Daredevil 1

9. Avengers 4

10. Fantastic Four 4

11. Tales to Astonish 27

12. Conan 1 poke2.gif

13. Strange Tales 135

14. Tales to Astonish 44

15. Tales of Suspense 57

16. Tales of Suspense 52

17. Fantastic Four 48

18. Fantastic Four 45

19. Avengers 57

20. X-Men 4

the drop off between 11 and 12 is huge. foreheadslap.gif

I'm assuming you are baiting with Conan #1 to say it's really a Silver-Age book.

Also, Avengers #1 does not introduce a NEW SUPER-HERO, therefore I can't include it. It is definitely a Key but basically my list is to identify the top Super-Heroes, but not where each FF character is listed (or X-Men) since they all start in the same issue. That's why I said ISSUE of a New SA Super-Hero.

Still, good list.

thumbsup2.gif

The Mandarin had way more play back in the day than the Black Widow? At least that way you can stick with your TOS bias.

If I put my list based on my so called bias, the order would be more like.

1) TTA #44

2) Captain America #117

3) Strange Tales #135

4) Avengers #57

5) FF #4

6) Avengers #4

7) Tales of Suspense #57

8) Strange Tales #110

9) Daredevil #1

10) Tales of Suspense #52

11) X-Men #1

12) Tales of Suspense #39

13) Tales to Astonish #35

and the rest are worthless (as I don't own them yet). poke2.gif

I really consider Conan starting the Broze Age.

And that book would be in my top 3 Bronze books (marvel)

There've been a number of "Which comic started the Bronze Age?" threads, Conan # 1 won as first choice.

The Conan Barry Smith run is worth collecting just to see the evolution of the Kirby-style artwork which was incouraged at Marvel into Smith's own style. thumbsup2.gif

27_laughing.gif I didn't want to type it all out.

I agree with the Warlock. FF 66 is technically his first "appearance" or we could say FF 67.

I'd say # 67, as the face is shown (before that, it's just a cacoon.) confused-smiley-013.gif