• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BidVille.com - A Worthy Alternative to eBay?

22 posts in this topic

They're going to have the same problem that every competitor to eBay has ever had: no wants to sell at the new site because there are no buyers, and there are no buyers because there are no sellers.

Given that there are no listing fees (only fees if the item sells), there's no downside to giving them a shot. It makes sense especially in the case of lower grade books (that don't make sense on ebay due to the listing fees.)

I don't know if BidVille is the answer, but there needs to be some serious competition to ebay.

BTW, I saw a BidVille ad behind home plate in yesterday's Yankees game (in Tampa). So, obviously, they are putting a few bucks into promotion.

Some fair points there...though I'm not sure about the "thousands" of people looking at your auctions on ebay...my ebay auction counters rarely top out at over 200, anyhow

Yes your "counter" rarely is over 200 BUT many hundreds if not more are looking at the "pages" of any specified Search - if the lookers see something they MAY impulsively bid THEN your counter increases by one for EACH individual looker. Then you may have a bidder or not.

eBay has the ground floor and stranglehold on the Internet Trading World. I see no viable competitor in sight. I do have a Yahoo! Auctions account that I feel WAS probably the number two Internet Trader but I have not done anything with that for a long, long time - the comics listings were horrible the last few times I was there.

CAL