• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

asm #29 cgc 9.8!!! beautiful book!

34 posts in this topic

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've gotta think those are Brulato's copies. Wonder why he's selling them?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My guess is because he has other copies of equal or greater condition. For instance, the Curator ASM 17 in 9.6 became available on Doug's website several months ago. I had heard at the time from a comic dealer that an ASM 17 from the massive Las Vegas collection had recently received a 9.8 grade. Probably the same situation with these other ultra high grade Spideys - they're not as nice for one reason or another as other copies that Brulato owns.

I guess Tom's got to spread the Love around to various dealers (Jason, Doug, etc.)

Jason always has the most ridiculous high grade books and lately the X-Men and ASM's have been coming out in full force. He must have a pipeline like Brutalo's to keep coming up with these gems. Not that I'm complaining I have been lucky enought to win a few of his books. Did you see the Spectacular Siper-Man #28 CGC 9.8 go for $305. I list my 9.8 copy of #21 and I can't even get a sniff at 20% of that. Just goes to show that the respect people have for his name on EBay because they will bid ridiculous amounts for his stuff. Great cover mind you. I think Doug recently had a copy of this that went for about $125-$150 if I'm not mistaken.

I had heard at the time from a comic dealer that an ASM 17 from the massive Las Vegas collection had recently received a 9.8 grade.

Bob, guess I missed out on any earlier reports of this collection. What's the story, what's in the collection?

I had heard at the time from a comic dealer that an ASM 17 from the massive Las Vegas collection had recently received a 9.8 grade.

Bob, guess I missed out on any earlier reports of this collection. What's the story, what's in the collection?

The collection is the source of the ASM 19 in 9.9, the ASM 17 in 9.8, and several ASM 14 copies, including a few in 9.6 and 9.4. Guy had a Las Vegas house filled with comics and pulps. The collection was brought to market by Nationwide Comics (Terry O'Neil and Dave Reynolds). I'd contact either of them to get more of the details.

The collection is the source of the ASM 19 in 9.9, the ASM 17 in 9.8, and several ASM 14 copies, including a few in 9.6 and 9.4.

893whatthe.gifhail.gif

For all those people worried that Jason might have PRESSED a book, please don't bid. It will allow us other collectors who don't care to get the books cheaper.

I totally agree with this sentiment. The only way to stop this practice is to hit it in the wallet. 893applaud-thumb.gif

The collection is the source of the ASM 19 in 9.9, the ASM 17 in 9.8, and several ASM 14 copies, including a few in 9.6 and 9.4. Guy had a Las Vegas house filled with comics and pulps.

27_laughing.gif I love hearing stories like this, especially against the backdrop of "Silver and Bronze Age HG are rare" comments on here.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Bob, guess I

missed out on any earlier reports of this collection. What's the story, what's in the collection?

The collection is the source of the ASM 19 in 9.9, the ASM 17 in 9.8, and several ASM 14 copies, including a few in 9.6 and 9.4.

The ASM #19 CGC 9.9 has been around for years. That would assume that the collection was certified and sold several years ago, and all those books are reflected in the census and in people's collections.

The collection is the source of the ASM 19 in 9.9, the ASM 17 in 9.8, and several ASM 14 copies, including a few in 9.6 and 9.4. Guy had a Las Vegas house filled with comics and pulps.

27_laughing.gif I love hearing stories like this, especially against the backdrop of "Silver and Bronze Age HG are rare" comments on here.

Whoever said SA ASMs or any BAs are rare in HG?

The ASM #19 CGC 9.9 has been around for years. That would assume that the collection was certified and sold several years ago, and all those books are reflected in the census and in people's collections.

Apparently it`s not a new find, although I`m still surprised I haven`t heard about it before and that it hasn`t been discussed on these boards before. So I guess some books from the collection have already been reflected in the census, and more will probably continue to filter out.

This mistakenly assumes that the collection was certified and sold in its entirety within a short period of time. It wasn't. Given the multiplicity of high grade copies of a few of the books, this was probably a more stable way to deal the collection than to flood the market at once with many copies of individual issues.

There are plenty of both old label and new label books from the collection in circulation, and I am not sure how much of the Silver Age books remain in Dave and Terry's possession. It is my understanding that now they are getting the pulps ready for eventual sale.