• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FS: Raw comics, etc.
1 1

213 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, dzminn said:

Wonder Woman '77 Special #2 VF $2.00 Fabulous looking Nov 2015 issue. Get ready for three new stories based on the classic television series starring Lynda Carter! A scientist who is intensely jealous of Wonder Woman becomes empowered by an ancient artifact and Cheetah is born! A woman with the powers of both fire and ice seeks revenge against a corrupt politician. Finally, Halloween finds the princess up against an undead adversary. 80 page giant. Great cover and interior art. A couple spine tics brings the grade down, but nothing can stop this stunning mag from being a must have!

wwback.jpg

wwbkcov.jpg

Take it

Ike

18 hours ago, vaillant said:

Of course, typing in a hurry I miswrote. It was meant in a plural fashion. Thanks much!
I’d love to run sales threads of unexpensive items too, but it’s not cost-effective from here, as postal rates pretty much kill the option of purchasing items of less than $10 (unless they are very interesting items).

All good here, but you have to have patience, as we’ll experience the epidemic peak in a few days, then – God willing – numbers will start to decrease.

:wishluck: I certainly hope the peak arrives sooner and the number of people afflicted recover quickly. Best wishes to you and yours!

8 minutes ago, dzminn said:

:wishluck: I certainly hope the peak arrives sooner and the number of people afflicted recover quickly. Best wishes to you and yours!

To reduce risks for postal clerks at the desks, non-urgent shipments are better postponed. So I can’t sell comics… Ha!
Thank you! :)

18 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Wow - a true blast from the past!  I remember your sales threads from way back in the day.  Glad to see you are still around the boards.

Hey buddy - I've been lurking, just not as much. The new look of the boards threw me off for quite a while as well. I still am struggling with some things relating to the different features, but it's all good.

You have been running some pretty epic sales threads that are fun to watch. The Mixed age area needs all the action it can get. Cheers!

9 minutes ago, dzminn said:

Hey buddy - I've been lurking, just not as much. The new look of the boards threw me off for quite a while as well. I still am struggling with some things relating to the different features, but it's all good.

You have been running some pretty epic sales threads that are fun to watch. The Mixed age area needs all the action it can get. Cheers!

Thanks! I'm starting up another slab sale right now.  Bunch of copper / modern CGC 9.6s and 9.8s.  Come take a peak!

7 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Thanks! I'm starting up another slab sale right now.  Bunch of copper / modern CGC 9.6s and 9.8s.  Come take a peak!

Will do, good luck with the sale!

The following items have been SOLD.

Comic Reader 187

Comic Reader 205

Kull the Conqueror 3

Wonder Woman '77 Special #2

:applause:Thank you Ike - much appreciated :applause:

Red Sonja 2 $2.00 SOLD! 1976 VG+ Fabulous Frank Thorne cover and interior art. When Red Sonja visits the city of Venzia in the kingdom of Argos, she ends up getting knocked out by a mute thug and is brought to a  dungeon belonging to a mage known as the Hidden One. When she awakens, she finds herself trapped in a strange maze of mirrors and illusions. Buy the mag to find out what happens next. For no extra charge, Spider-Man stars in a one-page Hostess ad. Just some general wear.

redsonja2frt.jpg

redsonja2bk.jpg

Edited by dzminn
Sold to SpudsOnAHalfShell

Marvel Feature 6 $3.00 SOLD! 1976 Fine-  Karanthes hires Red Sonja to find a lost page of the Book of Skelos, and as you might expect a bombastic battle ensues with a nasty serpent creature. When this saga reaches its climax who should appear but Conan with Belit on one side and now Sonja on the other. What's a Cimmerian to do when sandwiched between two scantily clad She-Devils??? Ralph Macchio has a letter in the letters column. General wear, another solid sweet book from 44 years ago.

redsonja6frt.jpg

redsonja6bk.jpg

Edited by dzminn

Amazing Heroes Swimsuit Special '91 $3.00 SOLD! 1991 Fine-  Contributors include  Mark Badger, Kyle Baker, Donna Barr, Eddie Campbell, Evan Dorkin, Phil Foglio, Fred Hembeck, Richard Howell, Adam Hughes, Will Meugniot, Mike Mignola, Gray Morrow, Graham Nolan, Mitch O'Connell, Tom Palmer, Bruce Patterson, Ron Randall, Barb Rausch, Stan Sakai, Eric Shanower, Scott Shaw!, Ken Steacy, Ty Templeton, Mike Vosburg, John Workman, and many many more. Back cover has some lower corner creasing, otherwise a nice looking 150+ page mag.

amazingheroes91frt.jpg

amazingheroes91bk.jpg

Edited by dzminn

Ashcan 1 Arcanum $20.00 SOLD! 1994 NM-  Stunning Verotik/Frazetta ashcan. Features art from Frank Frazetta, Adam Hughes, Simon Bisley and Daerick Gross.

verotikfrt.jpg

verotikabck.jpg

Edited by dzminn
Sold to JRBaxter

Jack Kirby Collector 71 VF+ $10.00 SOLD! 2017 Oversize mag with 96 pages of everything Kirby.  Includes, a rare Kirby interview, the 2016 Silicon Valley Comic-Con Kirby Panel, 2017 San Diego Comic Fest panel. A bit melancholy, as the much of this issue looks at ending and losses of some of Jack's great creations. Superb square-bound mag that also features a large amount of published and unpublished art work.

kirbycollfrt.jpg

kirbycollfbck.jpg

Edited by dzminn
Sold to JRBaxter

Fantastic Four 60 VG+ 20.00 1966  What can you say about this Lee/Kirby creation other than... WOW? Doctor Doom steals the Silver Surfer's cosmic powers, the FF defeat Dr. Doom. There are amazing appearances  by the Inhumans, the Watcher, and the Black Panther. This is about as good as it gets. Another solid mid-grade mag, that contains so much of the great creativity Marvel had in the 60's. 

ff60frt.jpg

ff60bck.jpg

Kamandi 11 VG-? 1.00 1973  Kamandi, is lost at sea, fights leopards,escapes and faces a giant insect. Jack Kirby once again doesn't allow the poor boy a break. Coupon cut out. No story missing, but some editorial comment is. 

kamandi11frt.jpg

kamandi11bk.jpg

National Lampoon $4.00 SOLD! March 1976  Fine- A Star Trek spoof illustrated by Alan Kupperberg; Terry Gilliams guide to being as funny as Monty Python. Stories and art by Frank Springer, P. J. O'Rourke, Tony Hendra, Gahan Wilson, Shary Flenniken, Bobby London, Byron Preiss and Berni Wrightson, Howard Chaykin, M.K. Brown, Willy Murphy and Doug Kenney. Plus letters from the editors, cartoons, and Foto Funnies. Fabulous ads for cigarettes and alcohol. Nudity abounds. Cover by Rick Meyerowitz.

natlampmar76frt.jpg

natlampmar76bk.jpg

Edited by dzminn
Sold to lizards2

Date with debbi 14 $2.00 SOLD! April 197  Good+ (stain on back cover).  Big, 68 page issue with superb Stan Goldberg pencils on the cover and interior. Henry Boltinoff and Bob Oksner also contribute to this far out mag. There is a Monster Fan Club ad. Corner bend lower RH corner. Stain on back cover. Light pencil mark under the "d" of debbi.

datewithdebbie14frt.png

datewithdebbie14frt.bk.jpg

Edited by dzminn
Sold to whiner49er1

Rocket's Blast ComicCollector 131, 6.00 SOLD! October 1976 VG with some creasing to the covers. Special Ray Bradbury issue, including an interview with Ray. Contains art by Steve Fabian, Tom Sutton, Mike Zeck, Don Rosa. Fun ads and photos as well. Great stuff!

rbccfrt.jpg

rbccbk.jpg

Edited by dzminn
Sold to Jeff Zemke

Comic Reader 191 VG $2.00 SOLD!  May-June 1981 issue. Animation Artists Darrell McNeil and Larry Houston provide the front cover preview of the next season's  Hanna Barbera Space Ghost.  Over 60 pages chock-full of interesting articles, forthcoming comic highlights, coming comics checklist (unmarked), and a risque Seekers comic strip by John Burns. Some 1940's Superman daily strips reprinted as well. These newsprint fan created mags are are just a delight to read. Price sticker residue on the words May-June on the cover, along with some chipping along the edges of the front cover. At one time, this was the TV Guide of comics.

comicreader191frt.jpg

comicreader191bk.jpg

Edited by dzminn
Sold to JRBaxter