• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mile High II Pedigree?

3 posts in this topic

I know this isn't GA but I posted in BA and no response.  I figured GA forumites might know.  I thought after Chuckie's first batch of MHII was done and no more would be designated.  I also thought even reholdered would not be designated and as I say below, there is no pedigree notation on the label even though it is in a new ped label.  Is this correct or not?

I was curious how this book received the new pedigree label.  I did not think CGC considers this a pedigree any longer and hasn't for some time (it is not on their current list and I forget when it changed).  Even on a reholder, CGC shouldn't consider it a pedigree.  There is no notation on the label of Mile II yet it is listed as such in the current weekly HA.  Not trying to bash the book if its owner is a board member - just curious.

Strange Tales #179 Mile High II Pedigree (Marvel, 1975) CGC NM- 9.2 White pages. Featuring Adam Warlock. First appearance of Pip the Troll. Jim Starlin story, cover, and art. Overstreet 2019 NM- 9.2 value = $85. CGC census 3/20: 66 in 9.2, 199 higher.

22047826%5D&call=url%5Bfile:product.chai

Edited just now by telerites

7 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Well, I would assume this must be nothing more than a slabbing mistake on the part of CGC.  hm

Especially since I don't see an actual pedigree designation of any kond on the label here.  (shrug)

I figured it to be a mistake but HA should know better in my opinion.