• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recommendations for Starting a CGC Comic Book eBay only store

62 posts in this topic

Here's an update everyone...

I've started to list some of CGC Comic Books mainly Star Wars Marvel. I know it's not up to par compared to most of you. But it's my starting off point. I have other stuff I'm selling as well to help generate some income since I'm still jobless. I recently had an interview Rabbit Semiconductor. I've applied at other places, but no luck call backs just yet.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZflipaneseQQhtZ-1

If you're a potential buyer and you wish to bid...by all means go ahead. Because you know I need your assistance. Thanks everyone.

Also, I'll have some Fawcet Marvel Family up hopefully soon once they come back from CGC.

Okay, I don't mean this to slam anyone, or to question the overall point of this thread - I want to just look at two of those books and see what others think...

following the link, issues 39 and 40 are graded at 9.6, which for this era I question considering the spine. Personally, I wouldn't touch either of these books (if I were into Star Wars, which I'm not). And #40 is just an aesthetically unpleasing book, I don't care about the grade given. The spine is uneven and the show through is horrendous. (and let's not even get into those Toys-R-Us ads on the book - again, not slamming the seller here, I have books with those terrible ads on them).

The one thing I don't seem to hear many people talk about is simply "how good does the book look." Some books just look better than others, given the same grade. They come from a better point in the printing run or something, but they have pop. On the other end, some older books actually look better with aging. Antiques and coins seem to take this into consideration - the aging can add to the piece if it looks good. I have some TTA that have some significant browning to them, but they look great - they look better than the ones without the browning. Now I would PAY accordingly - the first thing I would say to someone selling the books is "look at how brown it is " and only pay a fair price, but still think it looks better than the "white" other book.