• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

anybody knows if bolland has done any new work. ?

17 posts in this topic

iam a hugh fan of brian bolland. and while i know he does a cover every now and then for dc comics.

why don,t he do any stories and more. have anyone seen any new stories by him in the past year or so. chime in if you have any info. thanks. larry

Bolland began to work using Photoshop alone several years ago - its a crying shame but his work is still top notch. He himself has lamented the fact there is no permanent record of his work - although i hear he hoards most of his top pieces, including my favourite page of all time "gaze into the fist of Dredd!".

His lack of work is likely more due to his pace - he is notoriously slow - the trouble he had with DC over the Killing Joke is testament to this. I met him recently and any comment regarding him wanting to do less work for more money is inaccurate and distasteful to one of the top men in the field.

I met him recently and any comment regarding him wanting to do less work for more money is inaccurate and distasteful to one of the top men in the field.

From what I've heard, it's the truth and no one begrudges him for it. In fact, your explanation of him being a slow worker just adds further credence to the story - why wouldn't a slow artist focus on covers if he could, where the payoff per line drawn and hour spent would be multiples higher than if he were to do interiors? confused-smiley-013.gif I hate to break it to you, but Brian Bolland is an illustrator who draws for other people in order to make a living. Everyone understands this. Such a characterization of the artist and his motivations is neither distasteful nor inaccurate. sumo.gif

thanks for the info guys. i guess i can just keep looking at his older work. shame no new stories to come from this guy.

fable. what the story on the trouble with dc over the killing joke story. lmk

cgcfan. bolland has a art rep ? if everything he does is on computer . what does he need a rep for ?

thanks. larry ;]

god, i would kill for an old Dredd page from the Eagle series. crazy good stuff.

how about the cover for Cursed Earth? Lord above

thanks for the info guys. i guess i can just keep looking at his older work. shame no new stories to come from this guy.

fable. what the story on the trouble with dc over the killing joke story. lmk

cgcfan. bolland has a art rep ? if everything he does is on computer . what does he need a rep for ?

thanks. larry ;]

http://www.desperadostudios.com/Bolland.0.html

Those Eagle comics Dredd books were reprints of the originals from 2000AD, I loved those mags growing up.

Brian Bolland was one of the first artists I ever really took any notice of, him and Cam Kennedy who drew Rogue Trooper. I'd love to have some original art from those old 2000AD issues, I'm not sure about their availability.

the seven part series on desperado studio's site was bought and is being sold seperately on Ebay (UK seller) - i noticed the first page go last week and the second is up now. I actually considered buying the series of seven (?) pages and selling six to finance keeping the best - and it looks like someone has done it.