• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'Films to get you through the lockdown' list
1 1

9 posts in this topic

What's a film candidate you would recommend (comic book or otherwise) from years gone by that you would recommend to pass the time? Maybe post a summary, and short sample video.

Thanks to a big fan of Tom Hanks, my first recommendation is The 'Burbs.

Burbs_BR.Cover.72dpi.png.d99b3d519e4c6bf44b8f545cc746a537.png

• Tom Hanks
  • Carrie Fisher
  • Bruce Dern
  • Corey Feldman
  • Rick Ducommun (so underrated)

election.jpeg.daffbbf0fc299b05a22b23da0cbce615.jpeg

eese Witherspoon (Legally Blonde) is Tracy Flick, a straight "A" go-getter who's determined to be president of Carver High's student body. But when popular teacher Jim McAllister (Matthew Broderick, The Producers) observes the zealous political locomotive that is Tracy, he decides to derail her obsessive overachieving by recruiting an opposition candidate (Chris Klein, American Pie) - with disastrous results! Here's a smart, witty and hilarious jab at high school politics helmed by award-winning director Alexander Payne (Sideways).

• Matthew Broderick
  • Reese Witherspoon
  • Chris Klein
  • Jessica Campbell

Also fans of Rick and Morty (Dan Harmon) and the Russo Brothers

should check out the best comedy in recent years

Community (now on Netflix)

some great actors/comedians/characters

• Ken Jeong
  • Chevy Chase
  • Gillian Jacobs :luhv:
  • Alison Brie :x
  • Danny Glover
  • Jim Rash - Oscar Winner
  • John Oliver
  • Some Guy names Starburns!!!
  • Betty White

Edited by jsilverjanet

21 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

i always felt this movie was so overrated

I think a better movie is this one

Saved!

I have never seen this film. But I see the kid from 'Almost Famous' is in it. I'll have to give it a try. Thanks!

nightbreed.thumb.jpg.5087e98c7b25220de36fd1c1801c0529.jpg

Aaron Boone (Craig Sheffer) is haunted by terrifying nightmares of a city of monsters. He goes to see a psychiatrist, Dr. Decker (David Cronenberg), for help. But what Boone doesn't know is that Decker is really a serial killer. Decker frames Boone to take the fall for his murders, and Boone is killed by the police. But Boone is brought back to life by the monsters of his dreams, the Nightbreed, who in turn join Boone in his quest to stop Decker from killing again.

• Director: Clive Barker
  • Screenplay: Clive Barker

FWIW, here is a gorgeous, beautifully made and seriously overlooked film that is IMHO right up on par with the cinematic quality of Henry Gayden, Peter Safran, and David F. Sandberg's Shazam! movie.

Superb casting, free flowing escapism story line, higher level visual eye candy cinematography as Maxime Alexandre, intuitive editing like Michel Aller and probably the single best, rare performance by Samuel L. Jackson where he's not playing a perpetually pissed off angry character saying "motherf@ucker" every other word. :smile:

An entertaining night of sophisticated at home quarantine movie viewing pleasure. Recommended. (thumbsu

644431459_Theresnoplacelikehome.png.bf6ba30af30866add79f3efab9122b01.png

Edited by Mr.TawkyTawny