• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] A few Spider-Man & Fantastic Four raws

22 posts in this topic

As promised with the closing of my last thread, I've got a few raws to offer up in this thread.  

Necessities first:

Payment:  In addition to PayPal, I will also accept check/money order/Zelle, though the book will be held until clearance.  Payment due within 10 business days.    

Shipping (domestic):  The books in this thread will all ship in a USPS priority flat rate envelope to ensure speed and insurance coverage.  I fill each envelope with as much cardboard as I can so the package will be as unbendable as possible, and all four gaps between envelope edge and book will be stuffed with packing peanuts.  Shipping is included in book price.

International Shipping - at cost, minus the domestic shipping cost.  Please inquire first for accurate pricing. 

Returns:  Returns on raws will be accepted if requested within 7 business days if we have a substantial disagreement on grade/condition, or if I made a listing error, or failed to disclose a significant flaw.  Standard eBay excuses not accepted - my cat planned to flip this book but it fell through, my 9 year old bought this without my permission, my car had a heart attack, my grandmother needs new brakes, etc.

On the HoS?  Don't bother.  Probation list?  Message me first and we'll talk about your situation, but don't be overly optimistic.

Can provide board references if needed (no name dropping here), and over 1700 positive eBay feedback as well -- https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=792mn.  And I've got a fledgling kudos thread started (link is in my profile page).

First :takeit:wins a particular book outright, offers always welcome.  Onward!

Start off with Fantastic Four 39.  I bought this at C2E2 as a VG+, and looking it over I agree with that grade.  I was going to hold onto this one as one of the early Dr. Doom covers I'd like for my collection.  But I subsequently landed a slabbed 6.5 on eBay that I couldn't pass up for the price, so I'm making this one available.

Sold!

Spoiler

img20200419_17581565.jpg

Spoiler

img20200419_17585853.jpg

Edited by mattn792

Speaking of Dr. Doom...up next is Fantastic Four Annual 2.  Previously owned by Gary.  Book is in really solid shape for a 50+ year old squarebound, and just as important - I counted, and all 11 pin-ups are still in the book.  Overall I'd call this a VG+ as well, general creasing and dirt on both covers, and there is a 1/4ish" tear up by the "The World's Greatest Annual!" bubble.  The photos should do a pretty good job of portraying the flaws.

SOLD

Spoiler

img20200425_11580436.jpg

Spoiler

img20200425_12032852.jpg

Edited by mattn792

We move on to Giant-Size Spider-Man #4, first appearance of Moses Magnum and third appearance of the Punisher.  Book presents like a 9.2; however, there are a few non-color breaking creases and impacts that make me drop this one down to an 8.0.  A good presser could probably do some work with this one.  

Sold!

Spoiler

img20200425_12150237.jpg

Spoiler

img20200425_12155106.jpg

Edited by mattn792

Finish up for now with Amazing Spider-Man 89.  Great Dr. Octopus cover.  Presents much better than the grade I'm going to give it, but when held to the light you'll see a significant amount of non-color breaking creases and impact marks.  Going to call this one a VG/Fine, and another book that would likely welcome a pressing.

SOLD!

Spoiler

img20200425_12241120.jpg

Spoiler

img20200425_12251713.jpg

Edited by mattn792

57 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

Finish up for now with Amazing Spider-Man 89.  Great Dr. Octopus cover.  Presents much better than the grade I'm going to give it, but when held to the light you'll see a significant amount of non-color breaking creases and impact marks.  Going to call this one a VG/Fine, and another book that would likely welcome a pressing.

$40 shipped

img20200425_12241120.jpg

img20200425_12251713.jpg

:takeit: