• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What if I have an unopened comic I want to summit

5 posts in this topic

Hi I have a comic unopened in the sealed package still but want it graded, question is do I have to take it out and into a slip with a border or do I ship in original package?

Thanks

Welcome To The Boards!!!

CGC is going to remove the book from its packaging to grade and the factory polybag will be discarded.

If you want to keep the bag then you should remove the book and ship it securely as you would any other loose/raw book.

Just an FYI...Books in unopened factory polybags are not automatic NM/NM+ books, the books get damaged from the bag itself and could come back with a much lower grade.

23 hours ago, Skally18 said:

Hi I have a comic unopened in the sealed package still but want it graded, question is do I have to take it out and into a slip with a border or do I ship in original package?

Thanks

If the bag it was bagged in is cool (like has some graphics on it or something), I usually keep it as a cool momento. If it's a 90's comic bagged, probably throw it out. If it is older some of those books in bags are worth more in the bags raw than graded. For reference :)

Good luck!