• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade my JIM 83

25 posts in this topic

I don't know guy's I think your being overly harsh. I think if the tape, tears, chipping, dirttttt, blunted cornerssss, Spine tickssssssssssss, rolled spine, creases and the top edge damage weren’t there this comic would have a chance at a 9.6

Oh and BTW how come Ben's gotta where pants when these guy's don't? Is it because orange rocks are more revealing? insane.gif

What's 1.7? Fugly? Still. Impressive book. thumbsup2.gif

For the Low Grade impaired:

2.0 = Good

1.8 = Good-

1.5 = Fair/Good

1.0 = Fair

0.5 = Poor

gossip.gif I know that. It was a joke. That book is fugly.

Believe me, I'm WELL aware of the lower grades. Having decided to try and collect very low grade copies of the pre-Robin Detectives. Anyone know where I can find a 0.5 copy of #31 that presents well? grin.gif

My point was that I didn't know where the definitive 2.5 statement came from - certainly not the OSGG.

I don't have the thing right in front of me, but I'm pretty sure it says Amateur Repairs - None Allowed" until you get below 3.0, then it says "May Be Present". That's the clearest amateur repair I've ever seen.

This book is structurally weak, with very large, significant tears

Are we looking at the same scan? Large significant tears? Structurally weak? Where does it say that? We have one long tear, extending to to back a bit. No other major defects are visible. Sounds like you're assuming a lot.

Hi Greg,

That's the clearest amateur repair I've ever seen.

I agree.

Are we looking at the same scan? Large significant tears? Structurally weak? Where does it say that? We have one long tear, extending to to back a bit. No other major defects are visible. Sounds like you're assuming a lot.

27_laughing.gif I suppose you could call a 3" tear that extends through the spine and 1" around and beyond the top staple moderate 27_laughing.gif

Of course, you might also say it was "tight to the staples and structurally sound" 27_laughing.gif but no one here would believe you foreheadslap.gifgossip.gifunless you were sellin' it devil.gif

No other major defects are visible.[/i] 27_laughing.gif

stooges.gif