• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Shake Syndrome or was this CGC

4 posts in this topic

Can a book shift so much inside the casing that it looks like it gets pinched on the top section of the well? Where it looks like it’s leaving an indention on the top of the book. But then main casing is showing no damage? 

Or was this CGC putting it in badly? 

Received an eBay slab, seller shipped me a different book than what was in the pics so trying to determine if they possibly sold me the book this way or could it have shifted that much (to look like it’s pinched on the top of the inner well). 

Thanks.

2740072E-8670-44B6-87CE-457B6C348F68.jpeg

11389180-E14B-4AB4-A3D8-4C0368D556BC.jpeg

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thanks for your message.  Unfortunately, I'm not seeing what you are referring to in these pictures.  If you can send some additional pictures to our customer service department we can check into it further and send you information on how to proceed.  You can email them to us at submissions@cgccomics.com.

Thank you!

Sorry, it was difficult to get clear photos before the slab has so much glare. 

Book is actually being returned to seller who will likely be in touch. It looks like a Shaken Comic Syndrome issue where the wrap looks off but it was extreme, pages on one corner looked like it was warping inside because it was hitting the edge of the well, top looks pinched with some of the book exceeding the edge of the well (the blue in the 2nd pic is actually the inside pages where the wrap went weird). You can see that section under the groove, on one end of the book, using light against the book, it looks pinched and like it has an indention caused by the well. 

I'm sure the seller who is a retailer will be in touch. 

Thanks.

IMG_1087.JPG