• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Consensus on First Sandman ?
2 2

32 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, OdinsSecrets said:

Seems like CGC goes with the World's Fair. Makes sense to me.

lf?set=path%5B2%2F2%2F4%2F2%2F6%2F22426340%5D&call=url%5Bfile%3Aproduct.chain%5D

Thanks for posting a pic. Blonde Supes is crazy !  Interesting to see the label. I need to google an Adventure 40 label 

13 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

There always are ......image.thumb.jpeg.feee6760bc022b1dc10fe28cb607ef4a.jpeg

astrosparade.jpg

5 minutes ago, Frisco Larson said:

That's a fantastic copy Ricky!!! I didn't even know you had one. One of the nicest unrestored copies I've seen!!! :cloud9:

Thanks Jimmy. The bottom staple is popped but the book looks really pretty otherwise.

1 minute ago, MrBedrock said:

Thanks Jimmy. The bottom staple is popped but the book looks really pretty otherwise.

You're very welcome, thank for sharing it!!! It looks awesome in the holder but those killer pages probably make ya want to thumb it up a bit, I bet. HARD book in nice unrestored condition. :headbang: You're rocking that Adventure run my friend :headbang:

1 hour ago, Chicago Boy said:

The cape with a suit is hilarious. I recall reading somewhere the cape came later ? ( guess not ). I think the cape was eliminated in later ages ??

That was actually serious evening wear, it wasn't uncommon for men to done an evening cloak over their suits for fancy occasions. 

24 minutes ago, Sauce Dog said:

That was actually serious evening wear, it wasn't uncommon for men to done an evening cloak over their suits for fancy occasions. 

I did not know that -Johnny Carson 

On 5/22/2020 at 1:26 PM, Chicago Boy said:

Adventure 40 or New York Words Fair ??

My understanding is, NYWF 1939 hit newsstands first, but the story in Adventure #40 is the first written Sandman story.

Similar to Superman #4 vs. Action #23.