• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade "our" Thor #165 - HIM!!!

23 posts in this topic

I'll bet the motor city mad man wouldn't mind if I said 9.2

His cat scratch fever didn't get you to bad. thumbsup2.gif

Hey Arex what'd you get? confused-smiley-013.gif

PS I'm going to need to delete that file I uploaded for you, so let me know if you got it.

Interesting..has a similar but smaller ink mark on top edge as my Spidey #1....

Don't know how that's really to be taken into account, but I would say 8.5/9.0

Nice book! thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

gossip.gifthat's called distributor ink or spray gossip.gif

It's quite common, more in some areas then others . . .

One nasty crease turns a 9.4 into a 8.0. sorry.gif

And where might that be? That very light scratch at the URFC? 27_laughing.gif

Look again Bubba! sumo.gif

Ya know, it is NOT very encouraging to mow people down when they gave you what you asked for.

Does the bottom right corner on the front have a tiny piece missing? Here is what I see:

1. 3 spider creases upper right corner

2. scratch upper right corner

3. small corner crease upper left back cover

4. bottom corners front and back blunted (front bottom right badly blunted)

5. small tear back left edge?

6. spine tic to the left of Thor's leg in the price box

Any more spine stress?

Not sure what you are looking for, but it's not likely this book would get better than an 8.5. Maybe a 9.0 if the corners present better in person and if the book has zero spine stress. Realistically, I would say 8.5.

Ya know, it is NOT very encouraging to mow people down when they gave you what you asked for.

petey - are you his mom? or just his big brother? Aces and I know each other's styles from the boards, and we respect that. smirk.gif

Does the bottom right corner on the front have a tiny piece missing? (yes, tiny) Here is what I see:

1. 3 spider creases upper right corner

2. scratch upper right corner

3. small corner crease upper left back cover

4. bottom corners front and back blunted (front bottom right badly blunted)

5. small tear back left edge? (I think it's dirt)

6. spine tic to the left of Thor's leg in the price box

Any more spine stress? (no - very nice)

Not sure what you are looking for, (just what we're always looking for on this thread) wink.gif but it's not likely this book would get better than an 8.5. Maybe a 9.0 if the corners present better in person and if the book has zero spine stress. Realistically, I would say 8.5.

thumbsup2.gif

petey - are you his mom? or just his big brother? Aces and I know each other's styles from the boards, and we respect that. smirk.gif

I'm his younger big brother, didcha know? thumbsup2.gifstooges.gif

Here we go again. There is wear to both right corners and the bottom left corner on back. Then there is that crease. I have no idea what can be seen when you hold the spine at an angle but there does look like a minute stress line by Thor in his box. 8.0 no better. Bring the hate mail.

If it's just a scratch and not a crease I could see an 8.5 maybe.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Here we go again. There is wear to both right corners and the bottom left corner on back. Then there is that crease. I have no idea what can be seen when you hold the spine at an angle but there does look like a minute stress line by Thor in his box. 8.0 no better. Bring the hate mail.

flowerred.gif

I'm his younger big brother, didcha know? thumbsup2.gifstooges.gif

makepoint.gifstooges.gifmakepoint.gif

is that a fold going through Him's left foot, a scratch, or just scanner artifact?

i was going to say 8.5 pending an answer