• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bindery Tear?
1 1

7 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, William-James88 said:

Which of the defects in that pic are you referring to? That tear near the bottom of the J in June looks like a bindery tear, yes.

the big one at the top corner....thx 

It's easy to imagine that a production flaw was involved in that defect. An insufficiently sharp blade may have left some extra material at the corner, which was at some subsequent point torn away, leaving it in its current state.

But what I suspect you're really asking is "Is this going to be a defect that will count against the book's grade?", and I think that the answer is quite likely to be yes.

12 minutes ago, Qalyar said:

It's easy to imagine that a production flaw was involved in that defect. An insufficiently sharp blade may have left some extra material at the corner, which was at some subsequent point torn away, leaving it in its current state.

But what I suspect you're really asking is "Is this going to be a defect that will count against the book's grade?", and I think that the answer is quite likely to be yes.

I think you're right too...wonder what kind of deduction that would be.