• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best site for spec new release comics

6 posts in this topic

Haven't messed with new comics for a few years. Used to be a site that told you in one article the 1st appearances coming out this week and another article with the hot covers. I thought it was comicbookinvest but looking at it now it seems to have changed and not be as good so maybe it was another site. I know about previews world. So any other sites? YouTube videos? Does Littledoom send out a newsletter? Also any good spec sites? 

1 hour ago, Myowncollector said:

Haven't messed with new comics for a few years. Used to be a site that told you in one article the 1st appearances coming out this week and another article with the hot covers. I thought it was comicbookinvest but looking at it now it seems to have changed and not be as good so maybe it was another site. I know about previews world. So any other sites? YouTube videos? Does Littledoom send out a newsletter? Also any good spec sites? 

comicbookinvest.com is active....  comicbookspeculation.com is underrated .. i do not send out newsletters .. I hate chasing new release spec books ...  Two weeks in a row for Punchline there were 15-20 dudes standing outside the comic shop 15 mins before they opened and that comic sold out in less than 2mins... I hate that sh*t.. ... RIP Red Goblin

2 minutes ago, littledoom said:

comicbookinvest.com is active....  comicbookspeculation.com is underrated .. i do not send out newsletters .. I hate chasing new release spec books ...  Two weeks in a row for Punchline there were 15-20 dudes standing outside the comic shop 15 mins before they opened and that comic sold out in less than 2mins... I hate that sh*t.. ... RIP Red Goblin

Surprising. You seem to be in the know with new books. I figured you was one of those people haha. I hate the new books. Just change the color, gender, race of something and it's a hot book. But I keep seeing all these missed opportunities for a easy $30 with a $4 investment. Meanwhile I been stock piling $20 $60 $250 whatever silver and bronze. I used to just stockpile brand new books if new character looked promising but now freaking anything can be popular. 

14 minutes ago, Myowncollector said:

Surprising. You seem to be in the know with new books. I figured you was one of those people haha. I hate the new books. Just change the color, gender, race of something and it's a hot book. But I keep seeing all these missed opportunities for a easy $30 with a $4 investment. Meanwhile I been stock piling $20 $60 $250 whatever silver and bronze. I used to just stockpile brand new books if new character looked promising but now freaking anything can be popular. 

Buy what you like and the money will come. I know that sounds lame, but I can't tell you how many times my picks in a year or two quadrupled in value. Also you will never be unhappy sitting on your collection. 

42 minutes ago, maidenmate91 said:

Buy what you like and the money will come. I know that sounds lame, but I can't tell you how many times my picks in a year or two quadrupled in value. Also you will never be unhappy sitting on your collection. 

I hear ya. I been surprised many times that way. Just want to try my hand at picking winners on these new books. A hobby within the hobby. I don't want to buy a new issue unless it has 1st appearance or something. Even though I might like it, I buy a lot of collections so in 5 to 10 years I will get the books for pennies on the dollar. For older stuff, I bought what I liked, it went crazy in price and I sold it. So what I like is expensive. If it ever comes down I will buy it. I still buy old books all the time, not sure if I will like it or not because I never owned it as a kid but fun to try out. Had some success. I love the speculation part though. Watched some YouTube videos, all terrible recommendations for the most part, but was entertaining background noise. A few ok speculation books, even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile. Used to be some good sites, they seemed to have closed down.