• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC Horror Grade or My Curse With DC Subs

26 posts in this topic

Recent subs just got back, overall pretty pleased,

all the Marvels did very well, but my curse with DC submissions continues,

what would you grade this? ( was bought as a NM from a big site)

hos98.jpg

Book in hand, if I sent it you, there is no way you would grade it that low. In the same sub, I got a 9.4 on a Spidey 125 that in my opinion(I had it as a soft 9.0) looks like compared to this one.

It's not NM but I'd say it's around 9.0.

8.5 at worst.

Scratch on chair far right edge.

Some trouble at the top right corner.

A few transverse stress spots on the spine.

edit:

And the stain.

Could be as low as 7.5 now... frown.gif

Is that a tiny tear on the BEFC? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif If not, I'd be happy with a 9.4 (without your ominous introduction, of course)

What's the back look like?

So if I started my post instead with a smile.gif and asked what grade did I receive on this one?

wh3.jpg

Is that a tiny tear on the BEFC? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif If not, I'd be happy with a 9.4 (without your ominous introduction, of course)

What's the back look like?

So if I started my post instead with a smile.gif and asked what grade did I receive on this one?

wh3.jpg

Well Niko, knowing full well that i) you're not playing the game to get a bunch of slabbed 8.0's; ii) you can grade in hand better than most; iii) you've got the goods; and iv) you take the time . . . I am surprised by any book that comes back below 9.0 sumo.gif

Personally, I don't believe that DC's are graded any tougher (contrary to Harry's first-hand experience) however, I am a full-fledged Member of the Merry Marvel Marching Socitiety 27_laughing.gif

But as you know there are many things that go into the grade that aren't visible in scans of the front cover. All other things being equal this book looks like a 9.2 wink.gif

hi.gif