• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why no Overstreet or CGC mention of Superman Origin page in Adventure Comics 285

4 posts in this topic

I was just paging through my Adventure 285 and saw it reprints (in black & white), the Page 2 origin from Superman comics 1.

It seems like that would be mentioned on the label notes of a CGC slab for this issue.  Overstreet doesn't mention it either.

A funny thing about it is, at the bottom of the page it says it is from the very first Superman story published in 1938.  I guess DC doesn't even know their own history...... This page is from Superman 1 published in 1939 and is no where near being the 1st Superman story.

1.jpg

4 hours ago, gadzukes said:

I was just paging through my Adventure 285 and saw it reprints (in black & white), the Page 2 origin from Superman comics 1.

It seems like that would be mentioned on the label notes of a CGC slab for this issue.  Overstreet doesn't mention it either.

A funny thing about it is, at the bottom of the page it says it is from the very first Superman story published in 1938.  I guess DC doesn't even know their own history...... This page is from Superman 1 published in 1939 and is no where near being the 1st Superman story.

1.jpg

earliest reprint from Superman 1?