• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stan Lee SS Label question

3 posts in this topic

Hi - new to this.  

I have a CGC Yellow Stan Lee Signature Series Label on one of my books.
I want to submit that book to have other signatures added to it,  Can I still pay to get the Stan Lee Label put back on the book after the additional signature(s)?  

I am guessing the answer is probably no (because this went through Stan Lee Collectibles, but that doesn't seem fair.  I had a standard yellow SS label on a book with other peoples signatures, and then had Stan sign it, I was able to get the Stan Lee yellow label - seems this should be allowed to be done in the opposite order???  It isn't like I am asking to have a Stan Lee Yellow Label added to something that didn't already have it - To me, therein lies the difference!  (and I would gladly PAY to have it put back on too!)

example:  Signed by Steve Englehart, got standard yellow SS label, and then had Stan Lee sign it, and got the Stan Lee SS yellow label.  
But what if I want to get more signatures added to the book???

image.png.1d8f6a57b77aef68f0c3b8af0209ddca.png

5 minutes ago, Antyreal said:

CGC doesn't have the rights any more to use Stan Lee's likeness on their labels so no, you won't get it again.

Thanks - I figured.  I should have been more selective about which books I got the Stan Lee Label on.  

Flip side is that if I don't get the opportunity to get additional signatures, then I do have the special Stan Lee SS label!  
(trying to look at the positive - but knowing I probably threw away money on books I should have known I would get more signatures on was stupid of me!)