• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ZAID

245 posts in this topic

He means that this Cowboy is not what he appears to be.

Picture a city slicker "TALKING" like he's a rugged cowboy who tamed the Wild West but in reality he gets squeamish when he hears an owl hoot late at night.

It's hard to describe in non-American lingo. gossip.gif but it's sort of like "all talk and no action".

It's negative.

I'm not trying to win any popularity contest -- this is a comic book internet chat room -- but I think the prospect of Mark, Scott and myself all working together for any unified reason is becoming less of a realistic possibility.

Krikee! I was looking forward to the film version..."When Egos Collide!"

sorry.gif

He means that this Cowboy is not what he appears to be.

Picture a city slicker "TALKING" like he's a rugged cowboy who tamed the Wild West but in reality he gets squeamish when he hears an owl hoot late at night.

It's hard to describe in non-American lingo. gossip.gif but it's sort of like "all talk and no action".

It's negative.

So sorta like a crocodile: "All mouth, no legs." I think I get it. Thanks.

So, just to confirm, this whole "Let's make Ewert pay" thing isn't going anywhere, despite a preponderance of evidence that he did in fact mutilate books to cheat buyers and increase his profits? And yet despite that evidence, nothing's going to happen?

And do we actually think the same early advocates for action on the Ewert front are going to have an impact on pressing, an area with far less identifiable evidence to support direct accusations of fraudulent seller practices? Why should a seller see a few noisy CGC posters 893blahblah.gif as a real threat if a verifiably guilty party like Ewert gets away with no legal repercussions (and can undoubtedly continue his trimming practices under a different identity or through an unknown-to-us accomplice)?

Impotent.

Well, all I know is that my contribution check (as small as it was) to the legal fund did clear. So I hope it accomplished something. confused-smiley-013.gif

Litigation takes time, LOTS of it, but the fact that board members contributed to the fund does concern me. I think the people who donated their money deserve a little more in the way of updates.

Not one dime of the money donated has been spent. I have spent hours of my own time at no charge researching causes of action, coordinating with potential plaintiffs, etc. If anyone wants to know what the holdup is, call me and ask me or send me an email, but I'm not going to post it on the boards. I am not hard to find.

Not intended to be a jab at you, I'm a big fan of yours. My introduction stating that the people interested in pursuing pressing who yet can't even put together something against Ewert was meant to generally imply that the whole pressing thing was impotent and unlikely to amount to any more than huge volumes of ineffective written stuff.

flowerred.gif

Maybe I'll take this on if I ever go back into private practice. Any New York nexus? Where is Ewert located anyway? I do understand that problem with this in that unless you're in his jurisdiction, we're dealing with lots of little lawsuits all around unless there is a federal claim to be made, perhaps a class to be certified, etc. Is there a private cause of action under the mail fraud statutes? And even if so, are we still going to be dealing with variances in the laws of 50 states? (Forgive me, I've been working outside of that area for a little while.)

Not one dime of the money donated has been spent. I have spent hours of my own time at no charge researching causes of action, coordinating with potential plaintiffs, etc. If anyone wants to know what the holdup is, call me and ask me or send me an email, but I'm not going to post it on the boards. I am not hard to find.

So what's the holdup? (your words)

macartistry@hvc.rr.com

And anyone that whats an update can email me and I'll forward you Scott's reply. That'll save him time and energy. thumbsup2.gif

So what's the holdup? (your words)

macartistry@hvc.rr.com

And anyone that whats an update can email me and I'll forward you Scott's reply. That'll save him time and energy. thumbsup2.gif

No, if you are a donor and you want to know the status, you can call me -- I'll PM you my number -- but I don't want my emails on litigation topics to be circulated all over.

Sorry Scott....but I've already called a press conference for 3pm EST. poke2.gif Man, I always wanted to meet Lou Dobbs in person! smirk.gif

Anyway, yes, I called....all is well....situation clear. acclaim.gif

Hey hey, no pay to play smile.gif My favorite marketplace rule thumbsup2.gif

Yeah, but if you play this one....you could win a Jason Ewert trimmed Hulk 181! cloud9.gif

(Unfortunately, we won't be notifying the winner.....he'll have to remember to call to claim his prize!) smirk.gif