• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tales of Suspense 52 interior page photo request

6 posts in this topic

I recently acquired a CGC graded Tales of Suspense 52 (first Black Widow) that is flagged as incomplete with a note that the coupon has been cut out of page 12. If anyone has an original raw copy and would be willing to share a photo of page 12 and the opposite side of that page, I would appreciate it. I'm curious what the damage is and whether the cutout impacts the story.

IMG_6334.jpeg

You peaked my curiosity.

On the actual numbered page 12 there is no advertisement, on the 12th page there is an advertisement for "Grit" with a coupon to fill out, it does not affect the story, the opposite page is an advertisement for X-Men 4 and Avengers 4.

You can resubmit it and ask for a Qualified Green Label that will grade the book as though the defect was not present but the defect will be noted on the label.

thumbnail.jpg

thumbnail (1).jpg

thumbnail (2).jpg

55 minutes ago, marvelmaniac said:

You peaked my curiosity.

On the actual numbered page 12 there is no advertisement, on the 12th page there is an advertisement for "Grit" with a coupon to fill out, it does not affect the story, the opposite page is an advertisement for X-Men 4 and Avengers 4.

You can resubmit it and ask for a Qualified Green Label that will grade the book as though the defect was not present but the defect will be noted on the label.

thumbnail.jpg

thumbnail (1).jpg

thumbnail (2).jpg

Thank you! As far as a qualified regrade, is it more desirable to have a blue label 0.5 or a higher qualified grade?

Since I do not buy graded books or have my books graded I can only respond with what I have read, that would be that the Blue Universal Label is better.

Just seeing the front cover of your book through the slab I would estimate that book to be a VG 4.0 without the missing coupon.

Here is the info from GoCollect on Tales Of Suspense 52.

https://comics.gocollect.com/guide/view/124797

Edited by marvelmaniac

4 hours ago, marvelmaniac said:

Since I do not but graded books or have my books graded I can only respond with what I have read, that would be that the Blue Universal Label is better.

Just seeing the front cover of your book through the slab I would estimate that book to be a VG 4.0 without the missing coupon.

Here is the info from GoCollect on Tales Of Suspense 52.

https://comics.gocollect.com/guide/view/124797

Thank you! Appreciate the additional info.