• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stolen comics

3 posts in this topic

I had my small (250 books) but high grade high value collection stolen.  Many Amazing Spiderman #5-300 mostly keys and books in the 8.5 to 9.6 cgc grade. I also had many high grade FF books #16 (cgc 8.5) to #85 mostly 8.0 (FF 52) to 9.6. Other keys stolen include key DC books (Flash 105 in 4.5) amongst others.  There are other books like many PreHero books (St Tales  89 cgc 5.5) as well as some un graded high grade  keys ( Hulk  180, 181 in raw 9.2). These books were stolen approximately 6 to 7 months  ago. I have a prime suspect and the local police are notified and will be investigating.  The suspect is a 24 yr old female with no real knowledge about comics. She was the girl friend of an acquaintance of mine and gained access to my collection.  I am in the Reading, Pa area (Berks county). If you have been offered any similar books possibly by a female as described please contact me. Her name is Madison and is also from Pa. There is a substantial reward for information leading to the recovery of my collection.  Please keep an eye out and help out fellow collector in need.  My email is spikeisking007@gmail.com.

Thanks very much.

Stuart Deitcher 

So sorry to hear about this situation.

Can you supply any more info on the stolen books; i.e., serial numbers or pics? The CGC boards have many sleuths. As Frisco mentioned, this is worthy of posting in the Comics General section to draw more eyes to it. 

Have you contacted the local comic shops to put them on alert?

Are you aware of stolencomic.com?

Hoping for a successful recovery!

-bc