• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Closed!
10 10

2,444 posts in this topic

Batman: The Cult #2, limited deluxe series.  This series features Deacon Blackfire, and appearances by Robin.  Bernie Wrightson had a big hand in this comic series.  I have two copies of this issue, with different grade estimates and prices.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine minus condition, or better.  This comic shows hardly any wear on the spine and there are no staples to worry about.  The spine does have a couple of rough spots on it that I believe to be glue from the production process.  There is light blunting of the spine corners (especially on the back cover), and there are no spine stress creases/ticks to speak of.  The front cover shows some very light rubs to the gloss in a few spots, especially in the lower right quadrant.  There is also a small 'dent' in the cover, just above the chain around Batman's wrist.  It barely breaks ink.  The back cover also shows very light rubs to the gloss in spots around the page, along with some light edge blunting and wear near both spine corners.  There is a small tear in the paper (not the whole cover) near the top spine corner.

$4, PLUS SHIPPING (1st copy)

img20220704_11334940 (2).jpg

img20220704_11353216 (2).jpg

Edited by Galen130

Batman: The Cult #2, limited deluxe series.  This series features Deacon Blackfire, and appearances by Robin.  Bernie Wrightson had a big hand in this comic series.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine/Near Mint condition, or better.  This comic shows hardly any wear on the spine and there are no staples to worry about.  There is very light blunting of the spine corners, and there are no spine stress creases/ticks to speak of.  Both covers show a few very light rubs to the gloss in a few spots.  This is a pretty clean comic book, but I hesitate to give it a Near Mint estimate because of the scuffs to the gloss.

$6, PLUS SHIPPING

img20220704_11363347 (2).jpg

img20220704_11372550 (2).jpg

Edited by Galen130

Batman: The Cult #3, limited deluxe series.  This series features Deacon Blackfire, and appearances by Robin.  Bernie Wrightson had a big hand in this comic series.

This comic is rough-looking.  I believe this comic to be in Fine plus condition, or better (but probably not).  This comic shows hardly any wear on the spine and there are no staples to worry about.  There are rough glues spots along the spine that come from the production process.  There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a small handful of spine stress creases/ticks…with a few that very lightly break the ink.  Both covers show light wear to the ink and paper, dings, scuffs, indentations, and light finger bends.  There are plenty of cosmetic scratches on the covers as well.

$3, PLUS SHIPPING

img20220704_11383021 (2).jpg

img20220704_11392285 (2).jpg

Edited by Galen130

Batman: The Cult #4, limited deluxe series.  This comic concludes the series.  Bernie Wrightson had a big hand in this comic series.

This comic is in rough shape, but in a different way compared to the prior listing.  I believe this comic to be in Fine plus condition, or better (probably not).  This comic shows hardly any wear on the spine and there are no staples to worry about.  There are rough glues spots along the spine that come from the production process.  There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a few spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink.  There are bends in both covers near a few corners, especially the bottom left corner of the back cover.  The front cover shows some loss of gloss near the bottom spine corner…that corner suffers from drop damage and ink loss.  The back cover shows rough edges near the spine corners, while all four page corners of the covers shows light blunting.

$3, PLUS SHIPPING

img20220704_11401787 (2).jpg

img20220704_11411382 (2).jpg

Batman: Two-Face Strikes Twice #1 and #2, limited series.  Both comics are flip books, which translates to a 4-part story.

Issue #1 shows light blunting of the spine corners, one or two spine stress creases/ticks that barely break ink, and the front cover shows some light edge wear on the top and bottom.  VF/NM, or better.

Issue #2 shows light blunting of the spine corners that has caused wear and tear on the front cover near those corners.  The bottom spine corner especially has a small piece of paper missing.  The back cover shows very light creasing of the spine binding, along with a couple spots of very light ink breakage.  There are no spine stress creases/ticks to speak of.  VF, or better.

$10, PLUS SHIPPING (both books)

img20220705_10194088 (2).jpg

img20220705_10204523 (2).jpg

img20220705_10215881 (2).jpg

img20220705_10231680 (2).jpg

Edited by Galen130

Unfortunately, I did not collect this next limited series, though I wish I had.  I have no desire to complete it now, so the next two books are fillers for someone else. (thumbsu

1st Print copy of Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Book Three.  From Frank Miller’s epic 4-part limited series, this issue features an appearance by Superman as well as the ‘death’ of Joker.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine minus condition, or better.  This comic shows hardly any wear along the spine and there are no staples to worry about.  There is light blunting of the spine corners, with wear near those corners on the back cover edges.  There are no spine stress creases/tics, but the spine bindings on both covers do show light ink breaks from being read.  The front cover shows a ‘scratch’ indentation on the right part of the Batman emblem, which doesn’t appear to break the ink.  The back cover shows some light wear in spots around the page, especially along the spine.  The front cover shows an odd vertical blue (?) mark up from the center of the page.  It doesn't go all the way up the cover, only about two-thirds.  I think it's a production defect...I'm not 100%

$15, PLUS SHIPPING  SOLD

Edited by Galen130

1st Print copy of Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Book Four.  From Frank Miller’s epic 4-part limited series, this issue features an appearance by Superman as well as the ‘death’ of Alfred Pennyworth.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine/Near Mint condition, or better.  This comic shows hardly any wear on the spine and there are no staples to worry about.  There is light blunting of the spine corners, with some wear on the back cover near those corners.  There are no spine stress creases/ticks to speak of, and the spine bindings on both covers don’t appear to show any ink breaks.  The back cover shows a few spots of light ink rubs near the spine and on the top & bottom page edges near the spine corners.  The front cover shows a couple of very light ink rubs near the spine.

$18, PLUS SHIPPING  SOLD

Edited by Galen130

13th Print edition of Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, softcover trade paperback.  This edition was published by Warner Books.

I believe this book to be in Fine/Very Fine condition, or better.  There is light blunting of the spine corners, and there are no spine stress creases/tics to speak of.  The lower right corner of the back cover shows some ‘scratches’ near the spine.  There are a couple of small nicks and indentations on both covers, some of which lightly break the ink.  The bottom page corners of both covers shows small bend creases that lightly break the ink.  There are hand/fingerprints on both covers that won’t come off without proper cleaning…if that’s even possible.  This book was read a few times, but it could be in much worse condition.

$12 SHIPPED (Media Mail)

20200917_122356.thumb.jpg.0b124223b59c8be12c868dfc655aff10.jpg

20200917_122447.thumb.jpg.fef773dcf520f44f67f5d9e59a7c8318.jpg

20200917_122425.thumb.jpg.84c995803c6242f6ffdc0c9119c18cab.jpg

20200917_122436.thumb.jpg.c187c9d859dff6189f74443f7656bd89.jpg

20200917_122502.thumb.jpg.50c35b305fd150bf5e6ca6683e196b92.jpg

Edited by Galen130

The next three listings are for Batman: The Long Halloween.  These are all the comics I have left from the series.  The rest were sold off.  I would have kept the series, but no one could forecast Tim Sale's death at such a young-ish age.  I have no desire to collect them all again, so I'm parting with what I have left.

R.I.P. Mr. Sale. :foryou:

FYI, I recently noticed that some scans may show white spots on them.  The scanner glass was dirty, so I cleaned it.  I won't go back and look through previous scans, so if you see something in a listing, feel free to PM and ask if they are indeed defects.  Thanks!!! (thumbsu

Batman: The Long Halloween #2, Thanksgiving.  This comic, and series, was created by Tim Sale and Jeph Loeb.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine minus condition, or better.  This comic shows hardly any wear on the spine and no tears at the staples. There is very light blunting of the spine corners, and no spine stress creases/ticks to speak of.  Unfortunately, the bottom right corner of the entire comic has a bend through it, which is worse on the front cover.  There is light ink breakage at these bends.  The back cover shows a few very light scratches/scuffs to the gloss, as well as some light fingerprints.  They are very recent and will clean off.

$12, PLUS SHIPPING

img20220707_10123180 (2).jpg

img20220707_10271673 (2).jpg

Edited by Galen130

Batman: The Long Halloween #11, Roman Holiday.  This comic, and series, was created by Tim Sale and Jeph Loeb.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine condition, or better.  This comic shows hardly any wear on the spine and no tears at the staples. There is very light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a couple spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink.  The front cover shows a very mild edge bend near the top right corner, which shows a little bit of wear on the edges.  There also some very light tracing indentations to the right of the Batman candle.  They don’t break ink.  The back cover shows a few very light scratches/scuffs to the gloss.  The fingerprints are very recent and will clean off.

$10, PLUS SHIPPING

img20220707_10161122 (2).jpg

img20220707_10370477 (2).jpg

Batman: The Long Halloween #12, Labor Day.  This comic, and series, was created by Tim Sale and Jeph Loeb.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine condition, or better.  This comic shows hardly any wear on the spine and no tears at the staples. There is very light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a few spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink.  The front cover shows a small spot of soiling near the bottom staple, while the back cover shows a few spots of very light ink rubs along the spine.  The back cover also shows a few very light scratches/scuffs to the gloss.  The fingerprints are very recent and will clean off.

$10, PLUS SHIPPING

img20220707_10190255 (2).jpg

img20220707_10471842 (2).jpg

Batman: The Ultimate Evil #1 and #2, limited series.  These prestige format comics have cardstock covers, and the story concerns child sex tourism.  There is an eight-page article about this problem in book two.

I believe these comics to be in Very Fine plus condition, or better.  Both books show light blunting to the spine corners, as well as light roughening of the back covers near the bottom spine corner (especially the second book, which shows ink breakage).  Issue #2 has a small bend crease at the bottom left corner that goes through the whole book.  It very lightly breaks the ink on the back cover.  Both books have light cosmetic scratches/scuffs on the back cover.  The back cover does have light fingerprints to the gloss, which are very recent.  They will clean off.

img20220707_11193664 (2).jpg

img20220707_11202574 (2).jpg

img20220707_11212653 (2).jpg

img20220707_11221925 (2).jpg

Batman/Wildcat #1 to #3, limited series.  This series introduces Ernie Chubb, and it features an appearance by Killer Croc.

I believe these comics to be in Very Fine plus condition, or better.  There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a few spine stress creases/ticks…with one or two that barely break the ink.  All three comics show very light wear on the spine, along with the following defects:

Issue #1 shows a small ink-breaking scratch in the DC logo, as well as a couple spots of light scuffs to the gloss on the front cover.

Issue #2 shows a few mild finger bends on both covers that will press out.

Issue #3 shows an ink-breaking scratch on Wildcat’s check, as well as a small horizontal indentation on the back near the upper staple.  This doesn’t break the ink.

$7, PLUS SHIPPING (for the set)

img20220707_12031756 (2).jpg

img20220707_12040912 (2).jpg

img20220707_12050365 (2).jpg

Batman/Grendel #1 and #2, 1st limited series.  Book 1 is Devil’s Riddle and Book 2 is Devil’s Masque.

I believe these comics to be in Very Fine plus condition, or better.

Book #1 shows some light blunting to the spine corners, but no wear on the spine.  However, there is very light wear in spots along the spine on the back cover, as well as a mild scratch near the bottom spine corner.  The back also shows a couple of 'dimples' near the center of the spine that don't appear to break ink.  Both cover spine bindings show some very light ink breakage from being read...mostly on the front cover.

Book #2 shows about the same defects, minus the scratch on the back cover near the bottom spine corner, and the spine 'dimples'.  

$12, PLUS SHIPPING (both books)

img20220711_07462925 (2).jpg

img20220711_07472468 (2).jpg

img20220711_07482436 (2).jpg

img20220711_07493264 (2).jpg

Batman/Grendel #1 and #2, 2nd limited series.  Book 1 is Devil’s Bones and Book 2 is Devils Dance.

I believe these comics to be in Very Fine condition, or better.

Issue #1 shows light blunting of the spine corners, especially the bottom one (drop damage).  There is some very light wear in spots on and along the spine, both covers.  The back cover on the upper right corner shows some light cosmetic scratches.  The spine bindings are in great condition.

Issue #2 also shows light blunting of the spine corners, with mild drop damage at the bottom corner.  Both covers show a few spots of very light wear along the spine, but the spine bindings are in great condition.

img20220711_08053942 (2).jpg

img20220711_08063076 (2).jpg

img20220711_08073391 (2).jpg

img20220711_08083666 (2).jpg

Batman Versus Predator II: Bloodmatch #1 to #4, limited series.  This series features an appearance by Huntress.

I believe these comics to be in Very Fine condition, or better.  All four books show very light wear on the spine and light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a few spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink...at worst.  The books show a mild bend of the lower right corner which doesn’t break the ink…except for issue #4 (back bottom page corner shows ink breakage).

I will provide back cover scans on request. (thumbsu

$10, PLUS SHIPPING (for the set)

img20220711_08421740 (2).jpg

img20220711_08431581 (2).jpg

img20220711_08441199 (2).jpg

img20220711_08450965 (2).jpg

Edited by Galen130

Batman Versus Predator III: Blood Ties #1 to #4, limited series.  This series features appearances by Robin and Mr. Freeze.

I believe these comics to be in Very Fine condition, or better.  All four books very light wear on the spine and light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a few spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink...at worst.  Issue #3 shows a vertical scratch/scuff near the upper left corner, which may be production-related (back cover scan provided).  Issue #4 shows light ink rubs on the back cover near the spine.  There are little white ‘dots’ on the front cover near the bottom spine corner and around the penny.  These are kind of odd as they don't appear to affect the paper.  Perhaps this is a production issue as well.

I will provide more scans on request. (thumbsu

$8, PLUS SHIPPING (for the set)  SOLD

Edited by Galen130

Next up will be another semi-lengthy undertaking...individual listings for Batman: Shadows of the Bat (with photos).  This is a sizeable run as well, starting at #1 and ending at #79, plus Annuals.  There are a few issues missing so it's not a complete run.  I will start listing these soon.  Thanks for coming by!!! (worship)