• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Maybe Chuck's not really a bad grader....

26 posts in this topic

I bet a lot of money is being made on less expensive books. If I pay $15.00 for a vf and it comes to me as a vg/fine I most likely won't go through the hassle of trying to argue the point and return it. Multiply that by thousands of small ticket item sales. It's like with my medical insurance, they'll underpay a bill by fifty bucks due to a "mistake" they made, it'll take me 3 or 4 hours or more of hassling over the phone to get the problem resolved. In some instances people will throw up there hands and say "forget it", I'll just pay it myself.That happens all the time and the insurance company save a ton of money and for all the money being saved someone gets a nice bonus. Most likely the same someone who made the "mistake".

I bet a lot of money is being made on less expensive books. If I pay $15.00 for a vf and it comes to me as a vg/fine I most likely won't go through the hassle of trying to argue the point and return it. Multiply that by thousands of small ticket item sales. It's like with my medical insurance, they'll underpay a bill by fifty bucks due to a "mistake" they made, it'll take me 3 or 4 hours or more of hassling over the phone to get the problem resolved. In some instances people will throw up there hands and say "forget it", I'll just pay it myself.That happens all the time and the insurance company save a ton of money and for all the money being saved someone gets a nice bonus. Most likely the same someone who made the "mistake".

For sure, I've been stung by Mile High in that way myself.

If the books are cheapish run fillers it's not practical for me here in Australia to send them back to the States so I cop it on the chin and learn my lesson. the postage may be worth more than the books.

I won't buy a book worth more than $20 from MH.