• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CCS reject restoration removal with very small amount of color touch on cover B-1

5 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, I just received an email from CCS saying that my book with Restore Grade 7.0 B-1 with “very small amount of color touch on cover” was rejected for CCS services. CCS determined that the book would not likely benefit from any services.“ 

Does this mean the restoration can not be removed or the grade my book will drop significantly if they perform the restoration removal? 

Anyone had a similar experience? Is there anyway I can contact CCS by phone/email to know more about the details of the rejection?

It is a very small amount of color touch with B-1 that I really want it to with a blue universal label rather then the current purple label of death...

I have had that response from them before, with multiple books having minor CT. In my experience, it means the value of your book will be higher the way it is now than if you remove the resto. 

Example: I had 2 TTA 27's... a 9.0 PLOD, and a mid grade, both with minor amateur CT. They declined to work on the first, agreed to work on the second, and basically cut a small hole out of the center of the comic where the touch was. It still got a 4.5. If they'd done that on the 9.0... it would be maybe a 5.0? Not good. 

8 hours ago, Virtual On said:

I see, cause the restore is B-1 “very small color touch on cover that I think it won’t hurt much on the grade after have them removed.

Thanks for sharing your experience:)

You think it won't. But you don't know where the CT is, and how much.