• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help in locating a lost book... Hoppy the Marvel Bunny #7

11 posts in this topic

Hi!

I need help. CGC lost my copy of Hoppy the Marvel Bunny #7. This happened last year part of my June 2019 submission. I have the emails where CGC acknowledged that they lost my book. I’m wondering if this was shipped to another customer. 

I would appreciate it if anyone can help me find it. There is only 2 in the census with my copy being the highest graded. Hope you can help a fellow collector. 

0E9D0F47-6390-4BF7-8320-78B05B73173F.jpeg

6C92F1CC-974D-4C3F-BFD3-D6CE8DC58DD1.jpeg

FC7E828C-17A9-46B9-9313-39B35EE9C259.jpeg

That is horrible.  So it was graded by CGC and the poof.  If it was sent to another submitter who hasn't stepped up, that is pitiful on their part but still fault lies with CGC for snafuing this. 

At least set up searches on Ebay, CL, CC for the book in case someone tries to move it.

I hope CGC compensated you adequately.  

3 hours ago, telerites said:

That is horrible.  So it was graded by CGC and the poof.  If it was sent to another submitter who hasn't stepped up, that is pitiful on their part but still fault lies with CGC for snafuing this. 

At least set up searches on Ebay, CL, CC for the book in case someone tries to move it.

I hope CGC compensated you adequately.  

CGC gave me CGC credit. I’ll rather have the book or cash. 

45 minutes ago, Sandico said:

CGC gave me CGC credit. I’ll rather have the book or cash. 

I think you should have had the option but still I hope the credit was sufficient.  This one is hard to assign a value without any comps.  

I am very sorry for this.  

Edited by telerites

56 minutes ago, pemart1966 said:

This brings up the questions - Who's responsible for a book once it leaves CGC?  Do they insure it?  At what value? Is the submitter responsible for insuring their books to and from CGC?

Insurance value, I believe, is what you place on the submission as FMV.  I saw this in an Ask CGC - image belpw from https://www.cgccomics.com/legal/terms-and-conditions/

image.png.2ba8dd4d6f2b3d3e2c44e93895f564