• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Huge Amazing Spiderman Lot FS

32 posts in this topic

Kid, the title change was the right thing to do, good job. This Forum is really harsh on people who try to draw attention to their Ebay auctions by saying things in the title that have nothing to do with the actual items being sold, just like saying "CGC it" when it is not a CGC graded book. I believe what you have done is mostly a "newbie" offense. But by hanging out in this Forum, you will most likely be whipped into shape and will eventually become a reputable small dealer like many of us others here. Just deal with the jabs, believe it or not it is for your own good and you will become a better Ebayer because of it. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Right, because if I'm selling a copy of Essential Spider-Man Vol. 6, I'd be perfectly in the right to list it on eBay as "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #114-137, GIANT-SIZE SUPER-HEROES #1, GIANT-SIZE SPIDER-MAN #1,2"

Granted, you specify the fact that the issues are collected in TPB form in the item listing, but just the fact that the auction title and auctiong listing differ is usually enough to put off most people. It put me off. Even the hint of dishonesty will put a sour taste in people's mouths, especially when they can't hold the item they're buying in their hands. Best to be truthful up front.

And...if we're a bunch of slack-jaw fools, why change the title of your auction?

Also, none of us would buy those comics anyways? Look at the avatar. Look at the want list. I'll give you two guesses as to what superhero I collect. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

There was no intent to be dishonest, however I did use it to draw attention. The reason I changed it was I received only negetive feedback for all you guys/gals so I went with the majority.

I aplogize for any comments, however I think the members could have went about tell me it was wrong rather then poke fun and make snide remarks...

Totally uncalled for.....

But then how would we have any fun at the seller's expense?

Yeah, good point! thumbsup2.gif I mean, it was a slow Sunday....

And could you do that dictionary thingee with 'complete' and 'arsehole'...