• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FREE GUY starring Ryan Reynolds (2020)

33 posts in this topic

On 8/14/2021 at 9:37 AM, Bosco685 said:

OVERALL: 8.0/10

Call me presently surprised.  Not sure I will be running to a theater to see this, but happy to see an original movie get traction.  It's time Hollywood tried to develope to new IP's and not beating old ones to death.

Ryan Reynolds confirmed in a brief tweet on Saturday that a Free Guy sequel is on the horizon.

“Aaaannnnd after 3 years messaging as an original IP movie, Disney confirmed today they officially want a sequel,” wrote the actor on Twitter. “Woo hoo!! #irony.”

While no additional information was given, 20th Century Studios retweeted Reynolds’ post and director Shawn Levy shared it in with the quote: “Yuuuuuuuup.”

Free Guy is Levy’s latest action-adventure comedy, which released earlier this week and is heading for a $25M-plus opening at the box office. With a sequel, 20th Century and Disney may be on path to launch a family-friendly PG-13 franchise.

On 8/17/2021 at 7:14 PM, Murphman13 said:

Kinda looks like The Lego Movie meets Wreck it Ralph with a bunch of Ryan Reynolds and his Deadpool wit sprinkled in.

Not even close.

It is MUCH more than that.

I suggest that you see it, then get back to us.

You might be surprised, I was.