• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

petition to change FF#1 1961 cgc label

6 posts in this topic

Hey,

Does anyone else think FF#1 has a poor label defined by CGC? 

I think it should say something along the lines of X-Men #1's intro to all their new characters/team (who list each character) — "Origin and First Appearance of the Fantastic Four (Reed Richards, Sue Storm, Johnny Storm, Ben Grimm) and the Mole Man. First Marvel Comics title." 
-this way, the characters and history for Marvel as a publisher are well-described. As it sits, it doesn't sound like its the FF characters' first app, and the X-Men #1 label seems much better.

I know its a niche topic, but what are your thoughts?

I had to look up the two labels. I never realized there was a difference. 

I don't know if a change is necessary. I'm not offended by the omission of names on the FF1 label. It is kind of weird to think the mole man gets a name drop, but Mr Fantastic doesn't. 

Do you think they would need to make a distinction between the GA Human Torch and SA?  Could the lack of label space and that complication necessitate the different labels? 

22 minutes ago, KCOComics said:

I had to look up the two labels. I never realized there was a difference. 

I don't know if a change is necessary. I'm not offended by the omission of names on the FF1 label. It is kind of weird to think the mole man gets a name drop, but Mr Fantastic doesn't. 

Do you think they would need to make a distinction between the GA Human Torch and SA?  Could the lack of label space and that complication necessitate the different labels? 

seeing how they list all the names of the X-Men on the label makes me think the space is not an issue. Also, they could just call the FF by their human names to avoid confusion with the GA torch.